Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced elementary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities, and over 2,500 digital story books.
Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read. The monthly subscription includes full access to:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos, and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary, and comprehension.
• Fast Phonics (ages 5–10): A systematic, synthetic phonics program to help emergent and struggling readers build key phonics skills.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns, and more.
• Printable teaching material: Hundreds of printable worksheets reinforce essential skills and concepts covered in the programs. Homeschoolers have access to detailed curriculum guides for grades K–2, as well as lesson plans, assessment tasks, printable certificates, and real-time progress reports.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by elementary educators.
SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets, and games, motivating children to keep learning.
RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 1st Generation
• iPad Mini 4
• iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation)
• iOS 10.0+
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• Latest iPad, Latest iPad Air, Latest iPad Pro
• Latest iPad Mini
• Latest iPhone
• Latest iOS Version
To get the best experience, go into your iPad settings, select ‘General’ and ensure that ‘Mute’ is selected under ‘Lock Rotation’.
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each subscription gives one child access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics, Reading Eggspress and Mathseeds
• The first month of your subscription is free. After the first month, a monthly cost is charged to your iTunes account (see prices below)
• Receive a 50% discount on the full subscription cost per month for any additional child subscribed via the Reading Eggs iPad app
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your iTunes account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your iTunes Account Settings
• 1st child: $9.99 USD/month
• 2nd, 3rd & 4th child: $4.99 USD/month
• Family Bonus Discount—Save 50% on any additional children
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com/terms/
We’ve launched the exciting NEW Fast Phonics – the fun-filled synthetic phonics program that helps children become strong readers! Fast Phonics is included with your Reading Eggs subscription and includes 20 fast-paced levels where kids learn key phonics skills as they play.
The Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading games, spelling games, phonics activities, word puzzles, alphabet games, and e-books. The app includes Reading Eggs Junior (for toddlers and preschoolers), Reading Eggspress (covers spelling and comprehension), Mathseeds (for early math skills), and Fast Phonics (covers key phonics skills in depth).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it but does need some minor corrections
We love the app but as a mother and a teacher I think on some of the activities like when it comes to selecting rhyming words or spelling a word if a child realizes they accidentally clicked the wrong letter or picture or accidentally put the letter in the wrong spot they should be able to correct it instead of it permanently staying there until you just purposely finish the spelling the word wrong or clicking the another picture for it to restart. Also having the capital Letter “Ii” being shown in two different ways (the one you typically see on a ABC line and the version that looks likes lowercase “Ll”) confuses the child especially when they are matching uppercase and lowercase letters like on the train game and they are thinking they are seeing two “Ll”. You show them the word/letter one way in a game and in a different way in a later game. Also cutting the /uh/ sounds off on the quick sounds and when deciding and blending the words holding the non-quick sounds out longer than .5 sec so they can hear the word. Also adding test for sight words, rhyming, ABCs, sounds like how there are road test for math seeds and the different topics would be really cool or just adding a section for sight words for them to keep practicing would be amazing. Other than those minor issues we love the game.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to send over your feedback on the program. We will get your suggestions passed on to our development team for review!
Save the password!!!!!!!
Okay so this review would probably get 5 stars from me except for the following reasons. This review is specifically about functionality on tablets/phone devices. The content is great the free printables and homeschool schedules are great. The design is simple and I like it IF you are mostly using a PC... for iPad/iPhone the user friendliness is less.
Make it so the password is saved so I don’t have to re-enter it EVERY time! C’mon this is 2019 almost 2020!! We have the capabilities to do that easily now. It’s very difficult and annoying to enter the password every time! Sometimes it even makes me re-enter the password when the iPad goes idle or we leave the app (but it’s still open in the background and still running and logged in)! We love using Reading Eggs for our homeschool needs but for security and recent hacking reasons having a 16+ length password you have to enter every time gets really old really fast.
Also the other reason is the app itself can be kind of glitchy and slow at times or even lags. It doesn’t do this on the PC... so some optimization needs to be done...
Paying what we do for our subscription per year these are simple fixes... there are other learning apps and software out there with competitive pricing and content to be completely honest. If some of these simple optimization issues aren’t fixed in the near future, after our year subscription runs out I will probably switch.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were experiencing anything less than a perfect learning experience for your little one. We have recently updated the app with some improvements to the login process as well as other bug fixes. We appreciate you patience and value your input. Kind Regards, Reading Eggs Team
Great for pandemic-forced homeschooling
This review is for Reading Eggs and MathSeeds. There are two other programs in this bundle that we haven’t used (one for younger kids, one for older).
Bought this is after 3 months of remote pre-K instruction. I was concerned our son might not be ready for K in the fall and also concerned that we might be (effectively) homeschooling in a few months. This app has helped us understand what skills he is lacking. There are homeschool lesson plans that help you see what lessons are considered kindergarten/grade 1/ grade 2. He does 1-2 lessons a day (I think you are supposed to do 1 a week), a few days a week.
It’s also helped in terms of sanity during this isolation — something he can do while my husband and I get some work done.
Other learning apps have been problematic in that once he finds part of the program that has videos or games he stops doing the actual lessons. This has a bit of that issue, but some games “cost” golden eggs/acorns, which he only gets from doing the lessons. He loves the little critters that he gets for completing a group of lessons — they have really figured out what 5-year-olds think is entertaining!
MathSeeds lessons are a little difficult because he doesn’t have familiarity with the spelling of the numbers 0-10, but he is getting better. It’s just impossible to have him sound out the word “eight” when he’s just learned how to read “map”.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and recommendation!
We are very happy to hear that your child is enjoying the program and learning to read at the same time.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
Reading Eggs Team
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 108.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs $9.99
- Reading Eggs (2nd child) $4.99
- Reading Eggs (3rd child) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.