Reading is Fundamental! is a versatile, multi-format document reader in a Workflow Extension so you can read documents without leaving Final Cut Pro.
Reading is Fundamental! reads and displays:
• Word (.doc and .docx)
• Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
• PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx)
• Comma-separated values (.csv)
• Rich Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd)
• Plain text (.txt)
Most document types allow you to zoom in and out by using your trackpad’s “pinch with two fingers” — if you’ve enabled this in System Preferences > Trackpad. (Not supported by Rich Text Format or Plain Text files.)
Multiple documents can be opened at the same time, and you can switch between them (using navigation arrow buttons or the popup menu).
The previously opened documents will be restored on relaunch.
The workflow extension window floats above Final Cut Pro so you can view your document and project timeline at the same time.
The workflow extension window can be repositioned, resized, and saved as part of a Final Cut Pro workspace layout.
• New feature: restores previously opened documents when relaunched
• New feature: Close Current Document and Close All Documents commands
• Bug fix for the layout of the Edit button
Ratings and Reviews
What a timesaver!
Much of my post production these days involves editing from multiple transcripts. "Reading is Fundamental" lets me shuffle effortlessly among Word documents and mail messages without turning my desktop into dozens of windows. Thank you for this app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intelligent Assistance Software, Inc
- 2.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021-2022 Intelligent Assistance Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.