Easily track books you’ve read, books you’re reading, and books you want to read. Record your progress by adding the start and finish date of your books.
ADD NEW BOOKS
• Scan the barcode of a book to quickly add it to your list
• Search online to find and add books
• Alternatively, add a book manually by typing in its details
• Sync your data between all devices via iCloud
TRACK YOUR READING
• Quickly log the dates you start and finish each book with a tap or swipe
• Order the books, to help plan what to read next
• Create your own custom lists, like "Wishlist", "Favourites", etc
• Record the current page of books you're reading
• Add your own rating and notes to each book
• View your reading statistics
PRIVATE & PERSONAL
• No online account or signup needed
• All data is private, stored on-device or in your iCloud account
• Export and import all your data
Some premium features require Reading List Pro, which can be purchased in the app. The app remains fully-featured when used without Reading List Pro.
A few small fixes in this update:
- Improved the layout of the Notes field to prevent the keyboard blocking the bottom of the text editor
- Improved the behaviour of the Authors edit control, so that any entered authors are added, even without tapping the green plus button
- Fixed an issue where books could be reordered on Mac, even if not set to Custom order
- Fixed an issue where reorder menus would show as "Loading" when first clicked on Mac
- Fixed a typo on the Search Online screen when no search results were found
To get the latest Reading List news and updates, check out @ReadingListApp on Twitter!
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! I do use Goodreads to track books but I wanted someplace non-social to track the spiritual books I read since people seem to be so judgy these days no matter what faith or eclectic spirituality you espouse. I was immediately impressed w this simple book tracker and how easy it is to look up books by barcode or title, author etc and add it to custom shelves, track your reading, add a rating. Not sure why book reading always has to be a social event, tied to social media, when it’s a mostly solitary endeavor. I love that I finally have a very nice non-social book tracker! Not all features are intuitive to figure out but there is a help menu that helped me figure out for example, how to add a book to a shelf. (Have to add book to Reading list first, then scroll to bottom of book description page to Manage Lists.) LOVE that I can have a book on multiple lists! In addition to categories & book club lists, I like to have lists that tell me whether the book is in Kindle, iBooks, physical etc so I can find the book if I want to re-read it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this app and tipping the developer if you like the app since it’s completely free to use. (Tipping is under the in app settings menu.)
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for the lovely review! ☺️
Very happy so far...
I haven’t seen any ads. The app is very straightforward and easy to figure out. I didn’t encounter any limits on adding books. I like how elegant it is. I felt like other book-tracking apps were over-complicated. The features were so layered and I drowned in them. It distracted from the goal of reading and took up too much time. I feel more productive with this app. The interface is very clear. At a glance I can see my progress on several books. I like that I can edit the information for books and add custom covers because I have a lot of old books that have no ISBNs and are hard to find for sale or listed online. Thank you very much to the developer! It’s an underrated skill to know just what to include in an app and not to have too much. Less is indeed more when it means that you’re not drowned in complexity or unnecessary features and can get your work (in this case, reading) done so efficiently. :)
I just wanted to add that I’d love to see support for Roman numerals (they are usually used in the introductions and prefaces). I hope you consider adding that feature in the future. :)
Best Book Tracking App!!
Love this app so much!! I do have Goodreads and I keep it so I can see my friends books and they can see mine, but other than that I only use Reading List. I love the simplicity of the app, whereas I find Goodreads to be kind of visually cluttered if that makes sense. I would rather have simplicity and organization than an abundance of recommendations and reviews so this app is perfect for me! Its design is simple and clean—it makes finding books and making lists so incredibly easy! I love the feature of being able to scan the barcode to find books, especially if you have a special edition of a book you want to add. Even the fact that you can add books manually is super cool! (Although I haven’t used that feature yet.) And being able to customize my lists and easily sort the books in them is huge also. And lastly, although there are many different features you could add to this app, I think it’s great how it is :) Definitely the app I will be using to track all of my reading, so glad I found it!! ❤️📚
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrew Bennet
- 12 MB
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Andrew Bennet
- In-App Purchases
- Reading List Pro $14.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Giant Tip $9.99
- Very Large Tip $6.99