From any app on your phone, save links and articles to Reading Queue, and read them later in a comfortable and uncluttered place designed around digital wellbeing.
FOR OVERWHELMED READERS.
With traditional read-it-later apps, you often end up wasting time scrolling and managing a long and daunting list of articles where you cannot tell anymore what is worth reading. Ultimately you stop opening the app and you have read nothing.
Reading Queue removes the anxiety of decision making. It only shows the first page in your queue, and helps you decide to read or archive it, before you can proceed to the next page in line.
AN UNINTERRUPTED READING EXPERIENCE.
Swipe left to archive a page, and the next one in your queue appears instantly, with no loading time.
READ THAT ARTICLE NOW, OR DISCARD IT FOREVER.
Because you simply don’t have time to read everything, Reading Queue encourages you to let go of articles you procrastinate reading.
GIVE THAT ARTICLE ANOTHER CHANCE, LATER.
Snooze an article by moving it to the bottom of your queue, but only up to three times per page.
NEW STUFF IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER.
The oldest saved pages are presented first, so that they won’t be left forgotten at the bottom of the queue.
If a link catches your attention while reading a long-form article, long press it to read it next, without interrupting your flow.
START AFRESH ANYTIME.
If the cumulated read time of your queue exceeds what you can humanly read, wipe it out and enjoy a fresh new beginning.
CONTENT IS FRONT AND CENTER.
The dark, uncluttered and customizable interface brings focus and clarity on what’s more important: the web page. And it makes great use of the extra space available on the latest iPhone devices.
COMFORTABLE TO USE WITH ONE HAND.
All commands are easy to reach from the bottom navigation drawer.
AS SEEN ON LIFEHACKER.
“The point isn’t to read less, but more. Instead of wasting time picking which article to read, or getting so overwhelmed that you switch to Instagram, you’ll hopefully find your groove with Reading Queue.”
— Nick Douglas, Lifehacker, Jan 2019
PRAISED AND LOVED.
“It has gradually become an indispensable part of my reading routine. Although pretty minimalist, it solves an essential issue that many reading services fail to do — make you go back to your reading list. I highly recommend it.”
— straydogpalace on App Store Ukraine
“Clean and to the point. Excellent! I love the no-clutter approach, it's just what I needed.”
— vvvaporclouds on App Store Portugal
“Wow, just wow. The app is super easy to use and makes my reading habits more structured and simpler.”
— Bert Q on App Store Austria
“Love the simplicity of it. Now part of my workflow.”
— Count Baltar on App Store UK
“This is really well done. This might be the first read it later service I'll actually use. Really like how it isn't just an overwhelming list.”
— Bob W on Designer News
“This is INCREDIBLE! I've had similar issues with Pocket/Instapaper/Safari/Etc. in the past, and this is exactly what I've been looking for. The UX is super well done. It jumps you in and gets you started right away, and keeps you focused on the task.”
— Zachary B on Designer News
“If you're drowning in articles you saved to read later, Reading Queue is a really neat new iOS app.”
— @PonchoRebound on Twitter
“Been beta testing this and have found it surprisingly effective at actually reading all the things I save for later. Love a well done single-purpose app.”
— @nickfruhling on Twitter
iPad support and iCloud sync!
A lot of work went into this release, and I would love to hear your feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly from the Settings screen, by email, Twitter, Instagram or App Store reviews. I’m a very nice guy and I answer every message! Thank you :)
• iPad devices are now fully supported, included Slide Over and Split View modes. This means that while reading you can take notes in another app (gooood) or browse Twitter (baaaad.)
• Your queue and archived pages are now backed up and synced across all your iPhone and iPad devices where Reading Queue is installed.
Two very important notes about this:
1. All your data is stored ENCRYPTED in your PRIVATE iCloud space, which means that ONLY YOU and NO ONE ELSE can access them, not even Apple or the developer of this app (THAT'S ME.)
2. From the Settings screen, you can turn this off and erase everything from your private iCloud space.
• The next page in the queue is now preloaded in a more power efficient way, putting page rendering and web animations on hold until it appears on screen.
• All gestures and transitions between pages (when archiving, snoozing, etc.) have been rebuilt or improved, thanks to a new animation engine rewritten from the ground up.
• So it turns out that the read time calculation left for summer holidays without leaving a note. Unfortunately, the third-party service Reading Queue was using to process web pages content has been shut down, which took me off guard. Rest assured read time calculation will be back and even better in a future release. My sincere apologies for this mishap.
• When long-pressing a link to add it to the queue, the notification banner is more readable.
• On iPhone X, XR and XS devices, if “Taller Content Area” is disabled in Settings, you can scroll back to top with a single tap at the top of the screen, instead of two. (Merci Riomar!)
• The joy-sparking alerts recommending to throw away an old page were reappearing every time the app was resumed or the settings screen dismissed. Gosh that was annoying.
• During introduction, the instructions displayed on top of the share menu were cut off for owners of the cute iPhone SE, but they are now scrollable.
• The Undo menu item was always on even when unarchiving was not possible.
• The Archive screen was crashing the app in some conditions, which, admit it, was pretty entertaining.
Ratings and Reviews
No feature rot here
This is INCREDIBLE! I've had issues with Picket/Instapaper/Safari/Etc. in the past in terms of adding way too much to my reading list, causing what the developer refers to as “Pocket bankruptcy”. This is exactly exactly the solution I've been looking for. It’s super lightweight, and the UX is very well done. It jumps you in, gets you started right away, and keeps you focused on the task: clearing out your reading list. Thanks so much for this!
Developer Response ,
My pleasure! Really glad the app resonates with your needs. Thank you so much for those kind words!!
Smooth and easy to use!
I am always a little weary when it comes to apps that you have to click share to interact with it but not this one! This was simple to use, beautiful, and renders the page in a headless setting so more reading room! Love it!
Developer Response ,
Designing around the share menu is indeed tricky, but super glad you enjoyed the app! :)
I needed this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.