* Millions of fans love ReadUp
* Read over 10 millions of fanfiction stories
ReadUp is the best application to read your favorite fiction stories & books for free!
Avid reader of classic fan fiction stories? Store your favorites stories with ReadUp for free.
Fan fiction (alternatively referred to as fan-fiction or simply fic) is a broadly-defined fan labor term for stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator.
This is the definition of fanfiction according to American journalist Lev Grossman:
"Fan fiction is what literature might look like if it were reinvented from scratch after a nuclear apocalypse by a band of brilliant pop-culture junkies trapped in a sealed bunker. They don't do it for money. That's not what it's about. The writers write it and put it up online just for the satisfaction. They're fans, but they're not silent, couch-bound consumers of media. The culture talks to them, and they talk back to the culture in its own language."
- TIME, July 07, 2011
Another fanfiction definition according to media scholar Henry Jenkins:
"Fan fiction can be seen as an unauthorized expansion of these media franchises into new directions which reflect the reader's desire to "fill in the gaps" they have discovered in the commercially produced material."
- Confessions of an Aca/Fan: Archives: Transmedia Storytelling 101 - Henryjenkins.org. March 22, 2007
Read millions of free stories from your iOS device (from Naruto Potter to One Direction), using a sleek, fast and easy to use application.
Free fanfiction stories to read from the best of sci fi, fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, fan fiction, teen, thrillers, classics, poetry and so much more!
FanFiction is frequently updated with new features, and we're taking requests too (more info below)
Features of FanFiction Reader:
* Download stories to your library for offline reading
* Browse fan fiction stories based on categories and cross-over categories
* Browse authors
* Filter by genre, characters and worlds
* Customize your reading experience
* View Just-In stories
* Search for stories
* Listen to stories using TTS (Text-to-speech)
* Bookmark searches
* Resume reading
* Save as many fiction stories as you want
Available fanfiction categories:
Popular fanfiction stories & characters available:
* One Direction
* Kingdom Hearts
* Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 - Shingeki no Kyojin)
* * * If you have any request or question on the app, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond personally to every single email we receive. You can also go to FanFiction's uservoice page to leave feedback: http://readupmedia.uservoice.com/ * * *
New version with amazing updates:
* You can create your own story to share to the world!
* We fixed existing bugs
* Access reading lists
* Access more fan fiction stories
Ratings and Reviews
Loading Problems from Selandria
The app isn’t loading at all and if I go out the app and go back in there something about a visitor ticket couldn’t be loaded.
I agree 100% with ChocolateCoffee because the same thing has been bothering me. I just started using the app yesterday and today it stopped loading and kept saying stuff about a ticket. I think you should really fix that because the stories are really nice and accurate👍🏽
Well to be honest...
I can’t get the app to work, ever time I search something it just sits there and buffers! And I even have a good internet connection and everything! The app looks nice and organized and probably has potential to be good, but it’s not working for me. I’ve even tried closing it and the opening it but it still just buffers.
- One Connection Media LLC
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © One Connection Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.