ReadyCLOUD allows you easy access to your files and media stored on your
NETGEAR ReadyNAS. This App makes it simple to stream or download
content onto to your iPhone/iPad from your network or over the Internet.
ReadyCLOUD can automatically upload your camera roll from your
iPhone/iPad to your ReadyCLOUD connected device, allowing for effortless backup of your
precious photos and videos.
For any feature requests or detailed feedback, please email
* Access your entire ReadyCLOUD content (videos, music, photos, and other
* Download videos, photos, and music for offline viewing
* Automatically backup your Camera Roll to your ReadyCLOUD connected device
* Stream music from your ReadyCLOUD directly to your mobile device (DLNA
must be enabled on the folder)
* Preview thumbnails of photos (DLNA must be enabled on the device folder)
* Camera Roll backup can be configured to use Cellular Data + Wifi or
Wifi only connectivity
* Access documents (pdf, word, excel)
* Access to the full capacity of your ReadyCLOUD connected device
* No monthly subscriptions or costs
* Recently viewed content is available in local cache, reducing the time
and data cost to view files that have been accessed
* Safe data transfer, everything is encrypted
* Ability to share files from and to ReadyCLOUD.
Please share your experience by rating this application and writing a
For feature requests and enhancements, please feel free to post at
www.readynas.com/forum or the AllABoutReadyNAS Facebook page.
For more information on ReadyNAS go to www.netgear.com/readynas
- Fixes backup issue related to the iOS Live Photo files
- Improves the email contents with shared file invitation to list the inviter and file name
- Fixes the error when creating a folder on USB drive attached to the router that supports ReadyCLOUD
- Fixes the issue previewing photo files on USB drive attached to the router that supports ReadyCLOUD
- Blocks ReadyDR share on ReadyNAS to be selected as backup destination
- Various other fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not user frendly
I bought the ReadyNas214 system with the expectation of streaming to whatever device I wanted, as their sales video stated. But alas it does not. This current app is slow to load and access account, as well as, subsequent sub folder structures. When you try any music files it does not seem to load or display any meta data such as cover art or artist. When you select it to play, videos or music, it opens a web page with a basic player and starts downloading. Does not play until finished. Not my idea of streaming. Again no other data such as album art in background. Seems very poorly written.
I want to have the choice to just download to my device or just stream it when away from home to any device. I feel I should be able to access my Nas system directly without going through a Netgear web service or account, which also seems to defeat the purpose of having a home or office cloud server system.
Device seems to work ok but the apps are severely lacking. The help videos do not match the screens that I am seeing on my system. I cannot send email share invites either. No option to enter the email address as shown in videos. Will plug along and do some more research, but as of today I would not recommend system due to poor app design and support.
This app is pathetically slow, so much so that it renders it unusable. I’ve never really been happy with Netgear products so I don’t know why I bought a Netgear router this time. I guess I was in a hurry because a lightning storm electrical surge destroyed the router I was then using. I think the Netgear router was on sale at Staples but I should have exercised better judgment. It just hasn’t been reliable in any way (Nighthawk router) and I shouldn’t be surprised that their mobile app is useless for accessing my files remotely. Frankly, I can’t even easily access my files from a computer that’s on the same network with a Cat5 connection to the router. If you have problems with the embedded software under those circumstances, you know it’s going to be all bad. In short, steer clear of the Netgear products. I’m really kicking myself.
Developer Response ,
Dear User, Could you please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org? We'd love to hear more about this issue in order to assist you.
When I first started using this app, 3 years ago, I was able to access my nas quickly and easily. Now every time I open the app it spends about a minute finding my device then another trying to load the folders on my device. Sometimes I have to close the app because it becomes un responsive after about 2 minutes of waiting. The only time I use this app is when I am not home and want to pull a ebook off of my nas. If I’m at home I either use a free ftp app or hook up to my computer and put what I need on my device.
This app and cloud feature was the main reason I bought the readynas device. I liked the idea of being able to access my data from anywhere. Now I’m thinking I might should try a competitor and see if their cloud and app actually work.
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- 33.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 NETGEAR
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.