Be prepared for disaster. The ReadyErie app will help you prepare and plan for how to respond to a disaster in your area.
Using the ReadyErie app, you will be able to:
• Share your status with your selected contacts with the push of a button.
• Receive critical emergency alerts via push notification.
• Locate Erie County’s emergency shelters.
• View up-to-date evacuation route maps.
• Get the latest news and weather for the Erie County New York area.
• Create a personalized Emergency Preparedness Plan by answering five basic questions.
Once Your Plan is generated, it is stored on your smartphone and can easily be shared with family members and friends. Your Plan comprises:
• An Emergency Supply Kit Checklist tailored to your needs.
• A Customized Emergency Food Supply Shopping List.
• An Emergency Communications Plan to notify your loved ones of your status
• Critical information to prepare your home for impending disaster.
Learn about the various emergency situations that Erie County New York residents are most likely to face in five integrated eGuides.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- The application uses the background mode to keep track of your most recent location, so the county can advise you of any conditions that affect your immediate vicinity.
- Prevent the application from becoming non responsive if an eGuide can't be accessed.
- Moved the eGuides out of the cache, so they no longer get deleted if the device runs low on space.
Ratings and Reviews
Not ready for iPads
The App runs only in "portrait" mode - it does not switch when rotating the device. Also the basic font size is very large. Good for a phone though. The Map seems to accurately display the hospitals, urgent care centers, fire stations, Etc. but the preference selections are not retained after closing that option. Also, phone numbers would be useful in the information section s.
Could use improvement
The app could be much more valuable if it had additional features. How about alerts when water service is interrupted, or neighborhoods have low water pressure? A listing of Erie County roads to be repaired and pot holes filled, road resurfacing planned and dates of repairs? How about a “pot hole” reporting link? This app could be so much better.
It was nice when it worked. Now it won’t load, it just freezes
- County of Erie (NY)
- 63 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © QuickSeries Publishing Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.