learn REAL accents from REAL people
Need to learn a new accent and don’t know where to start? You’re not alone. Working with unfamiliar sounds can be nerve-wracking: the pressure is piled on to ‘get it right’ for that audition, opening night, recording session or first day of filming.
What if you could put a Voice Coach in your Pocket® to guide you every step of the way?
The Real Accent App: USA does just that. An industry-proven 10-step learning programme, authentic native speaker recordings and groundbreaking functionality make this the definitive app every actor needs in their accent kit bag.
‘I imagine hundreds of would be film characters will love The Real Accent App…fascinating tool for learning accents.’ Stephen Fry
• Step-by-step breakdowns for 10 accents prepared by a top industry coach
• 26 real people recorded in their original environments
• Simple-to-use interface for fast problem-solving on the rehearsal room floor
• Innovative RECORD and COMPARE functions to speed up learning
• Unique AUTOPLAY and LOOP functions for working hands free
• An ingenious TEST YOUR EAR quiz that strengthens listening skills
• Insider industry tips to help adapt an accent to character and script
• No in-app purchases: one purchase, one download
• No advertisements
• General American
• Boston (Massachusetts)
• Chicago (Illinois)
• Dallas / Fort Worth (Texas)
• Louisiana Creole
• Nashville (Tennessee)
• New York Brooklyn
• Oklahoma City
• Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
The Real Accent App: USA contains over 4 hours of high-quality audio reference material and requires a minimum of 230MB of storage space on your device.
Increases font sizes on larger devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome app! Learn a lot! I wish they could go a little more in depth about somethings or even write some words out phonetically; that would be helpful.
I'm a complete new learner and it would also be cool to give a short lesson about different parts of the mouth and the technically terms because I'm clueless about all of it! Though they do have definitions of everything which is nice. But overall, it's a really helpful app!
Also, please add mid western accents!!!!!! I would love to learn a Minnesota accent!
Great app for actors
I’m loving the variety of accents available and the depth to which each accent is explored. This is definitely one of the best accent tools I’ve found so far. It’s nice that there are typically multiple native speakers providing demos for each region and I love the Real Stories, as they give you a clearer understanding of how all of the pieces “fit” together. My only criticism is for the regions like Chicago where there are only two native speakers presenting the demos. This would be fine; one male, one female, but the male accent is quite thick (a great example) and the female speaker has a more General American accent so there’s no “in between” or tie-breaker, so to speak.
I love this app though! Thank you so much!
Helps a lot!
This is a good app but please add more accents or make an app for Europe accents!!! I want British, Irish, Scottish... All that good stuff.
- Howard Weate Productions Limited
- 235.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Howard Weate Productions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.