Real Life Words app teaches users to learn and use practical words and signs related to safety, health, and directions commonly seen in the community.
Using the science-based teaching method, the app makes learning easier for individuals with autism or other developmental disability, and visual learners.
The app provides highly effective methods to encourage learners' successful interaction with the games:
• The app is designed to suit learners with sensory sensitivity. The users can set up the game depending on the learner’s need. For example, selecting rewards based on visuals only (balloons, fireworks, confetti dropping without sound), or rewards based on audio-only (verbal praises), or the premium version offers rewards with both audio and visuals (balloons and verbal praises; confetti dropping and verbal praises; fireworks and verbal praises) depending on the learner’s sensory needs.
• The app provides built-in cues and prompts within the app, which results in fewer errors and a higher number of successful trials. For most learners, the built-in cues and prompts will eliminate the need for prompting and assistance from the teacher when selecting the correct answer.
An in-app purchase of the premium version (Custom Content Real Life Words) will unlock more words and signs in the app database and a feature to add your own custom words and signs.
The Custom Content Real Life Words provides access to almost 70 words/signs and allows you to add your own words (by typing in) or signs (by capturing images) depending on your learner’s need and adding them to your learning database.
Bugs fixed and improved app performance.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Starlings LLC
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- In-App Purchases
- Custom Content Real Life Words $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.