RealADSB app is intended for stationary observers of local air traffic. It can consume traffic feed generated by adsb_hub server application. With some limitations traffic feed in SBS-1 BaseStation format (port 30003) is also supported. For example Stratux ADS-B device or ADSBx feeder can produce such feed.
You MUST setup traffic feed yourself using adsb_hub server application that can run on PC, Mac or Raspberry Pi. It can work on top of FlightAware, FR24 feeders or generate feed using cheap USB adapter and external antenna. For more information please check our web site http://www.realadsb.com
Commercial, private and military aircrafts are shown on map and in scrollable list sorted by distance from reference location. Reference location can be your current location or location of airport specified by 4-letter ICAO code in settings. Special button provides access to METAR and aircrafts below transition altitude will have altitude adjusted using barometric pressure of the airport. There is a way to search/filter aircrafts by tail number, callsign, type, altitude in both list and on map. Additionally 2 layers with airports and weather are available on map.
For each airframe following basic parameters shown:
* Speed, Altitude, Heading, Rate of climb/descend, Squawk
and for most of them there is additional information:
* Tail number, Callsign, ICAO type, Origin/Destination, Photo
If information about tail number or type of aircraft is missing you can easily add it right inside the app.
* Quick access to online resources including FlightAware, Google Flights, LiveATC etc.
* Push notifications for special squawks 7500/7600/7700
* Imperial or metric units
* 3 types of map: standard, satellite and hybrid
* Sharing of map with aircrafts using standard macOS panel
* There is new "Favorites" section that pinned to the top of the list of airplanes. It's hidden by default but appears as soon as airplane(s) added there. Click & Hold for a second on any item in list add/remove airplanes to/from Favorites section
* Updated database of airframes
* Modifications renamed to Modified in main menu
Ratings and Reviews
Save your money
You have to guess your way through this app. No instructions at all
Very responsive developer!
Love this app. Connects to our FlightAware Raspberry Pi and looks beautiful. Setup was easy and Nikolay has been very responsive to some stability issues we were having.
Don't waste you money
Horrible app and very limited to only 3 air traffic control areas.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nikolay Klimchuk
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 (C) Nikolay Klimchuk
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.