Easily prototype and produce AR experiences directly in AR with no prior 3D experience.
• Drag and drop to place and rotate virtual objects to assemble your scene directly in AR or on the canvas.
• Build your scene by importing your own .usdz files or take advantage of the ready to use virtual objects in Reality Composer’s built-in AR content library, so you can get up and running quickly.
• Customize a virtual object’s size, style, and more.
• Add animations that let you move, scale, and add emphasis like a ‘wiggle’ or ‘spin’ to virtual objects, without having any animation experience.
• Add spatial audio, all of which can be set up to happen upon a user tapping on those objects, coming in close proximity with them, or other triggers.
• Easily send your project back and forth between your iOS device and your Mac with the Reality Composer app bundled with Xcode.
• Export your complete scene as a .usdz file to use in AR Quick Look, use in your existing 3D projects, or integrate it into your Xcode project with Reality Composer on Mac.
• Record sensor and camera data in the actual location you are building it for, and then replay it on your iOS device while building your app in Xcode later. This lets you iterate and build out your AR experience using the recorded data without the need to physically move your device or go to another location.
• Add accessibility annotations for experiences created for AR Quick Look
• Support for exporting scenes from your project directly as .usdz files
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
New on iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
• Object occlusion - virtual objects are occluded by real objects to realistically fit into their surroundings
• Instant placement for AR scenes and virtual objects
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Has potential for future developers looking into AR
As a student who is interested working in the field of AR technology and seeing it capabilities, this app has really good editing tools and UI design for those who are interested in testing AR technology and seeing what it’s capable of doing. The only problem is that whenever I’m trying to save my project to a specific location such as Google Drive, It will keep getting an error and sometimes the project itself would not load properly, causing it to lose progress of my project in the process.
Also it would be nice to have the ability to create custom polygons and shapes within the app while in AR mode so I can make detailed 3D models of what I want to create, otherwise, this app is pretty great overall.
Great features but difficult to use, not intuitive
I understand it’s complicated subject matter, but come on. After quite a few hours figuring this out, I’m really in no better position than I was when I started. Things don’t behave like they should. It doesn’t help that sometimes when you try to do something, the app inexplicably puts you somewhere FAR away from your objects to the point you can’t even see them and it takes quite a while to find them. The controls are too sensitive, which makes editing extremely difficult. And why the hell can’t you delete behaviors?! Ok you can turn them off. That’s not what I want to do. I want to delete them. It’s ridiculous to not be able to delete something you make.
The well-built AR composer for anyone📱
Apple’s user-friendly and intuitive interface makes their reality composer really available for anyone. Objects and behaviors work well as their designed to be, making it seem realistic enough for use. The only problem I had with the app was the time it took to open a file or project, sometimes even crashing completely. Despite this, Apple’s integration of AR in this app show just how much progress has been made over the years.
- Apple Inc.
- 95.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.