RealSelf: Treatments & Reviews 17+
Reviews of Cosmetic Treatments
Free, fast, & 5-star: The app is here.
Get the best of RealSelf in the palm of your hand with our free iOS app.
Enjoy access to the world’s most trusted and extensive cosmetic treatment and procedure community anytime, anywhere.
Make your most confident beauty decision—now easier and quicker, with these RealSelf-exclusive features:
1. RealSelf Verified: You deserve peace of mind. The blue check mark means they’ve passed our multistep patient care and ratings requirements to earn our trust. See the doctors in your area who’ve made the list and learn more.
2. Safe for Wherever: What you browse is your business—and we protect your privacy with signature features. Now you can discreetly research and see thousands of real patient photos anywhere, while we conceal any potentially graphic or nude photos from kids, coworkers, and prying eyes. Keep photos veiled for a comfortable browsing experience anywhere, or remove it for full unedited access to photos. It’s your choice.
3. You’re in Control: A personalized feed means it’s all relevant. You choose what you want to follow, so it’s just about what interests you. The app makes it easy to stay up to date on the treatments, doctors, review updates, or topics you want.
4. Worth It Ratings: Every procedure has a Worth It Rating that’s determined by real patient reviews, so you can see a snapshot of how satisfied RealSelf members have been with that treatment.
5. Expert answers: The RealSelf community includes board-certified plastic surgeons, doctors, and cosmetic procedure providers committed to providing answers to your treatment-related questions.
Joining the world’s largest and most trusted beauty community means you’re in good company.
- removed Universal Links
Ratings and Reviews
I can not express enough how much I love and appreciate this app and it’s content. I felt more sure about going through with a particular treatment that I had previously said absolutely “no” to. I read the many reviews on Real Self and all my fears went away. I’m so happy I did because going through with the treatment was the best decision I could have ever made for myself and my condition. Seeing the before and after photos of real, unbiased patients is what really helped me.
Good info/content needs work
I actually liked the app better before the update. The problem is it’s very glitchy - sometimes you can’t see all the content in the reviews; the videos hardly ever work; and there’s no way to organize or filter the content. Even if you unselect the types of procedures that you don’t want to see in your feed, the next time you open it up, everything is there again. That means that you’ll see huge pictures of vaginas In your feed when you really don’t want to. And every time you do a search, the same content comes up even though it doesn’t seem to be in any sort of order. It doesn’t start with the newest review or the newest content, it just shows, I guess what would be the most relevant reviews or content? But there really should be a way to sort it so that if you want to see it by the newest review or most recent comments or something like that, you can.
Needs work, but helpful
This resource has been helpful, but when I use it I feel like I’m in a stream of consciousness, it def needs some UI/UE upgrades. I really don’t like that it defaults to showing the nude photos and doesn’t save the blurred setting when you exit the app. I’ve been heavily researching and will open the app at work sometimes, and the nudes are back on. Yeah, prob shouldn’t open it at the office, but I s got research to do! I’m worried that someone will think I’m looking at porno haha. Also, for my specific condition, I think the app could help filter better. I have something called congenital breast deformity, aka Tubular breast, aka tuberous breast, aka constricted breasts, aka hypoplasia. This is such a specific condition and requires a skilled surgeon who’s familiar with correcting it. I wish we tubular girls had our own category so we could easily filter and find not only our community but the right surgeons.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RealSelf, Inc.
- 123.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 RealSelf, Inc.