RealTanpura is a simple and easy to use app that brings you high fidelity full-stereo recordings of a real acoustic Tanpura (a drone instrument used in Indian Classical music) recorded in a professional studio environment. Once you get used to the full and rich natural overtones produced by a real acoustic Tanpura, you will no longer prefer to use your electronic tanpura or app that produces sounds of the tanpura using synthetic or mathematical algorithms. RealTanpura has been designed as an intuitive app that children, adults, and professionals alike will find easy to use.
* Professionally recorded tanpuras in studio environment
* High fidelity recordings in stereo
* Tanpura tuned individually per shruthi / pitch
* 100% natural recordings (no mathematical manipulation to change pitch)
* Rich resonance of a real tanpura
* Ma, Pa, Ni modes
* Five and six beat pluck patterns
* [New in v2.0] Completely redesigned as a 64 bit application
* [New in v2.0] Background play - use other apps while using Real Tanpura
* [New in v2.5] Support for portrait and landscape orientations
* [New in v2.5] In-app volume control
* Simple, clean, elegant easy-to-use interface
* For music students, teachers, and performers
* Use also for bhajan, kirtan, meditation, and yoga
* Use on stage with Bluetooth speaker
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Use Real Tanpura in both landscape & portrait orientations
* Settings to control tanpura volume in-app
* Ability to reset all tanpura settings to defaults
* Updated graphics in the user interface
* Option to signup to be notified of updates to Haathi Software music applications
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
drone turns off when we exit the app
It's a great app and there is absolutely no doubt about it. I will recommend it any day to my friends and foes ;)
But an updated version can be built so the drone is active when exiting the app or when accessing other apps. There could be an option in the settings to turn on or off this option when exiting the app.
Great job otherwise!
A must-have App for all Carnatic musicians
Our family has been a regular user of this app since its first release. We have it installed on our phones and tablets, and use it for routine home practice sessions or on the go during long drives, etc. Its ease of use is remarkable, and has a great sound quality. My wife, Aparna Sunder, is a Carnatic music guru in Chicago. She has recommended this App to many of her students as she is extremely satisfied with it. It is very reasonably priced, and is definitely a worthy app to have.
High quality mobile thambura
Excellent App where time-immemorial musical culture fuses with technology seamlessly. It's user friendly and is readily useable by 'laymen' musicians, while having all the necessary features. Sound quality mimics a real thambura - if one hears from a neighboring room, you can easily mistake it for a 5' real instrument. The screen saver feature is thoughtful. I look forward to many more innovative features in the updates, and also great products from the developer.
The developer, Haathi Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Haathi Software LLC
- 87 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012,2017,2018 Haathi Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.