The best sheet music reader for the iPad and iPhone keeps getting better. RealTunes is your assistant for creating your own virtual fake book in which you can view and listen to examples of all the music in your library.
RealTunes includes a handful of public domain example files to get you started. RealTunes also includes indexes (by title and composer) for the Real Book CD-ROM series (PDFs not included). PDF files from the CD-ROMs, as well as your own PDF music files, can be easily downloaded via Dropbox onto your iOS devices where you can view, print, and organize your music in any way you like.
The PDF content for the Real Book CD-ROM series is not provided with RealTunes! That material is under copyright and must be purchased separately by the user. Once obtained, the CD-ROM content can easily be downloaded into RealTunes via Dropbox.
Content can easily be downloaded from your Dropbox folder (a Dropbox account is required). This includes Real Book Volumes 1-3 CD-ROM content as well as your own PDF sheet music files.
Browse, preview, and purchase titles from your RealTunes library in the iTunes Store. Search for and listen to titles from your device music library while viewing the sheet music in RealTunes.
• Organize your music the way you want with Tune Lists. Make your own lists as easily as creating a playlist in iTunes.
• Tune Info Editing - For any user files you have added, you may now edit the title as well as add composer information.
• Thumbnail Scrolling - For multi-page PDF files, you can quickly scroll through thumbnail images to get right to the page you want.
• AirTurn Pedal - Support for the AirTurn page turning pedals has been improved.
• iTunes Integration - Searching and previewing of titles in the iTunes Store has been much improved.
• Contextual Help - Much of the Help content is now available right in the places where you need it. Just look for the help icon on any screen.
Whether you are a beginning student or a seasoned professional musician, RealTunes is your study guide for the vast repertoire that makes up the jazz idiom.
• The CD-ROM content for the Real Book series is not required nor provided with RealTunes
• RealTunes is available in many countries. The selection of music in the iTunes store may vary by country
• Downloading from Dropbox requires a Dropbox account and Internet access
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with RealTunes
Updates in RealTunes 1.6:
- Fixes a bug in iTunes music playback that could cause a crash.
There have recently been some changes made to the iTunes Search API that have caused some problems. We have been working with Apple on a solution and believe it has now been resolved. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth the price. Read the fine print. You only get eight public domain tunes. Oh, but he includes the table of contents from The Real Book. A classic rip off.
Don't waste your money
This app is completely pointless. You pay $5 to download this app only to pay an additional $90 for the content (the 3 real books in PDF form). It's a complete waste of money especially if you already own some of these books in there physical form which you means you basically would be purchasing them again just to read it off a tiny screen
I love this app and how I can study tunes while riding the train or in my down time when I'm unable to practice on my instrument. It also takes me to the iTunes store so I can hear other versions of the tunes. I have been turned on to a lot of different artists and have increased my music library. LOVE IT! Looking forward to updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.