Explore inspirational stories for kids from the award-winning podcast “Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls” to wind down for bedtime, learn about amazing-real-life women, and broaden horizons. Rebel Girls immerses kids and grownups alike into audio stories about the adventures and accomplishments of women from around the world and throughout history, including incredible women who are active today.
** 2022 Apple Design Award winner for Social Impact ** — Apple
** App of the Day, March 2022 ** — Apple
Rebel Girls is the best app for kids who want to discover new heroes, or learn more about dazzling women like Frida Kahlo, Simone Biles, Kamala Harris, Ada Lovelace, Oprah Winfrey, and more. Girls will learn about hundreds of inspiring women from all around the world from hundreds of stories, including activities, soundscapes, and biographical stories of famous historical women figures. Girls will build confidence while listening to a rich audio library of and delight in original illustrations drawn by female and non-binary international artists. Each story is 10-20 minutes, so they’re perfect for getting to sleep, listening during a commute, or anytime.
Rebel Girls Features:
- Audio stories: 10-20 min episodes highlight powerful female figures
- New stories released every week
- Motivational stories: Inspiring tales that allow listeners to imagine the real-life experience of Rebel women
- Curated playlists: stories for kids based on diverse women with different professions, passions, countries, and qualities, like perseverance, motivation, leadership, creativity, and courage
- Sleep stories: Memorable bedtime stories told from the worlds of different inspiring women
- Soundscapes: Relaxing soundscapes situated in the worlds of Rebel women including the jungles of Kenya and the waves of the Pacific Ocean
- Moments of gratitude and affirmations
- Screen-limited and screen-free content
- Guided activities for girls to explore their creativity, learn emotional intelligence, and draw along with imaginative stories
**The app and audio experience for girls of all ages:**
- Listen to a rich audio library with hundreds of stories including activities, soundscapes, featuring biographical stories of famous historical female figures
- Learn about hundreds of inspiring women from all around the world
- Delight in original illustrations drawn by female and non-binary international artists
- Learn about the lives and experiences of historical figures who broke down barriers for women
- Explore audio stories from doctors to dancers, athletes to aviators, entrepreneurs to pirates
- Travel internationally with motivating stories of women from Brazil, India, China, Nigeria, Italy, Mexico, France, Egypt, Australia, Japan, & more
- Enjoy stories of Feminism to inspire at bedtime, as a calming midday activity, or a time for family focused learning
- Explore stories to calm kids, establish confidence, and spend more time together
- Spark meaningful conversations about Feminism and social issues through motivating stories
- Help your child understand their emotions, the world around them, and find their superpowers
Being a young girl can be full of unexpected joys and challenges. Rebel Girls stories are designed to help girls build self-esteem, persevere through challenges, and celebrate their curiosity and playfulness. The Rebel Girls app offers inspiring stories about inspiring women who overcame professional and personal struggles to help shape history and change the world for future generations of women.
The Rebel Girls app is available for a 14-day free trial, and can be purchased for $9.99 monthly or $59.99 yearly ($4.99/month) subscription. Free trial can be canceled any time during the 14-day period. Subscribers have access to full library and premium features for kids all ages.
Hi Rebels! Explore our library of 300+ stories featuring inspiring women from around the world, with new stories launching every week.
Ratings and Reviews
Drawn from the most successful publishing campaign in Kickstarter history, the Apple Design Award–winning Rebel Girls amplifies history’s most influential women through immersive audio experiences, gorgeous art, and clever interactive elements. The rebel girls span cultures and centuries: You can explore the creativity of Frida Kahlo and Taylor Swift; get inspired by Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Amanda Gorman; learn about athletic heroes like Megan Rapinoe and Simone Biles; dive into historical figures like the pharaoh Hatshepsut and the pirate Grace O’Malley; and much more. Each story is accompanied by immersive soundscapes and original art from female and nonbinary artists.
Love it, download it now!
Love it DEFINITELY 5 stars, I give almost all apps 5 stars but this is the best out of all of them!! None of the others had this much 5 stars, in fact this 1 ONLY has 5 stars. Definitely none of the other apps were THAT good, I’m interested in the stories, especially “warrior poet” and “becoming queen” My mom downloaded it for me last night. I didn’t even know what was happening until she told me because she just walked into the room and asked for the phone so she could download something and she said that this would help me go to sleep and it does but it was kinda hard last night because I always stay up late on my phone—well apparently I wake up early on the weekends but when it comes to my parents waking me up for school at 7:Am I won’t do it and apparently I wake up EASILY ON MY OWN AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING????!!! How does this work???? But it’s not like I ignore them and replace bedtime with “Hey let’s play the phone and not get any sleep” time and my stomach hurts every hour or 2…And it was hurting nonstop at the time…But if you read the whole thing TYSM=Thank you so much because IK=I know this is super long and I am VERY sorry for those who read the whole thing anyways since this is super long I’m just gonna end it here lol bye!!!Oh and PEACE!✌️✌️
I think it’s all so amazing that you create so many stories for girls at night or during the day about women who I want to say change the world I’m very interested in the women’s rights and the Greenbelt movement and I kind of just have one recommendation is maybe make a couple more stories free because I mean it’s fun to know all the people in this world but sometimes you’re so interested in one person but you can’t listen to the story because hey guess what you to pay money for it my sister and I both love it because we want to be active in the group, although she wants to be a climate activist I want to be a women’s rights activist and civil rights thank you
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rebel Girls, Inc
- 87.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Rebel Girls, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Full Access $9.99
- Annual Full Access $59.99
- Annual Full Access $49.99
- Monthly Full Access $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.