Rebels and Redcoats Gold recreates the battlefields of the American Revolutionary War. The war began in 1775 when the American colonies rebelled against the British Empire, declaring their independence in 1776. In the following years, Britain tried to end the revolt and recapture the American territories. The rebels however had support from Europe, with France and Spain later joining the war as allies to their cause. A decisive American victory at Yorktown in 1781 broke the British resolve and was a catalyst in starting peace negotiations. The war ended in 1783 with the signing of the Treaty of Paris and global recognition of the sovereignty of the United States.
Key Game Features
● 5 Mission 'Tutorial' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Resistance' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Revolution' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Evolution' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Nemesis' Campaign.
● All missions, apart from the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
● 37 different historical models representing 26 different unit types.
● Three classes of troop quality – Raw, Average and Veteran.
● New general quality mechanic, affecting command radius and leadership benefits.
● 14 different troop classes including infantry (line, grenadiers, guard, and militia), light infantry (and jägars), light cavalry (light dragoons and hussars), dragoons and artillery (4pdr and 6pdr).
● 5 types of infantry formation - Line, Column, Open Order, Square, Unformed.
● New joint Artillery and infantry formations, allowing for effective and resilient combined units.
● New troop morale mechanic (Disruption)
● New 'light' woods that block line of sight but don't give a defensive bonus.
● Detailed Combat Analysis
● Map zoom
● Flank Attacks
● Strategic Movement
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
© 2014 Decision Games, Inc
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: A critical issue displaying the curved loss meters after the previous graphics update.
Change: A reduction in the download size.
Ratings and Reviews
Too few turns!
Ok so here are my suggestions.
1. Add more turns. Harlem heights requires the Americans to either capture a single control point (both are in British hands) or destroy 64% of the British forces in 8 turns. That is an insanely short amount of time to do either! The British have reinforcements they can bring up to defend the control points. Also, the Americans have breastworks to defend. Leaving them to try and take and hold a far away control point is crazy. It makes more sense for the Americans to defend the control point that the British need to take.
2. Allow players to play all of the scenarios. Having everyone have to beat the previous scenario to unlock the next keeps most of the game unplayable (see previous).
This game can be quite excellent, but they need to fix the victory conditions.
All of these type games have “time limits” and end too early with troops still on the field - minus 2 stars. Allow option to turn off time / turn limits to duke it out - last man standing. Thx
I originally purchased rebels & redcoats 1 and rebels & redcoats 2 when they were separate games. They are good games and run fine.
Hexwar came out with Rebels & Redcoats GOLD which not only turns out to simply be the two games combined into one, the game is broken. In the battle of Harlem Heights, you cannot move half of the troops on either side when you could in R&R 1. How did the scenario get broken when it worked in the old game. For anyone how has the first two games, I definitely do not recommend this game. For anyone who doesn't, you're stuck as they have removed R&R1 from sale.
Get your act together Hexwar.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 395.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.