Rebels and Redcoats Gold recreates the battlefields of the American Revolutionary War. The war began in 1775 when the American colonies rebelled against the British Empire, declaring their independence in 1776. In the following years, Britain tried to end the revolt and recapture the American territories. The rebels however had support from Europe, with France and Spain later joining the war as allies to their cause. A decisive American victory at Yorktown in 1781 broke the British resolve and was a catalyst in starting peace negotiations. The war ended in 1783 with the signing of the Treaty of Paris and global recognition of the sovereignty of the United States.
Key Game Features
● 5 Mission 'Tutorial' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Resistance' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Revolution' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Evolution' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Nemesis' Campaign.
● All missions, apart from the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
● 37 different historical models representing 26 different unit types.
● Three classes of troop quality – Raw, Average and Veteran.
● New general quality mechanic, affecting command radius and leadership benefits.
● 14 different troop classes including infantry (line, grenadiers, guard, and militia), light infantry (and jägars), light cavalry (light dragoons and hussars), dragoons and artillery (4pdr and 6pdr).
● 5 types of infantry formation - Line, Column, Open Order, Square, Unformed.
● New joint Artillery and infantry formations, allowing for effective and resilient combined units.
● New troop morale mechanic (Disruption)
● New 'light' woods that block line of sight but don't give a defensive bonus.
● Detailed Combat Analysis
● Map zoom
● Flank Attacks
● Strategic Movement
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
© 2014 Decision Games, Inc
All Rights Reserved.
Change: We have moved the game to a our new engine.
Change: Game performance is much faster and graphical execution smoother.
Fix: Improved memory management.
Fix: Improved hex tile Positioning accuracy.
Add: A whole new way to play, 'Historical Mode'. This is now an option on starting a new mission.
Add: Change log for all updates in the latest edition of the game.
Add: Change log to the help menu.
Add: The ability to unlock all scenarios in the settings menu.
Add: A Change speed option in settings. This has three options standard, slow and fast which effects how fast the game plays.
Change: Some UI updates.
Change: Reduced the length of some melee and shoot animations.
NOTE: The old map zoom had to be removed as it was causing issues with the new engine, we are working on an alternative.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I originally purchased rebels & redcoats 1 and rebels & redcoats 2 when they were separate games. They are good games and run fine.
Hexwar came out with Rebels & Redcoats GOLD which not only turns out to simply be the two games combined into one, the game is broken. In the battle of Harlem Heights, you cannot move half of the troops on either side when you could in R&R 1. How did the scenario get broken when it worked in the old game. For anyone how has the first two games, I definitely do not recommend this game. For anyone who doesn't, you're stuck as they have removed R&R1 from sale.
Get your act together Hexwar.
Broken II (and more) -- AVOID
1) An Army's "Forces Lost Meter" found at the top means NOTHING! As I practiced with only one unit -- to melee, to select specific targeted units, to change formation, etc. -- The game claimed I lost 65% of my army on the third turn and I had lost only half of the strength of the one unit I was practicing with, AND ANNOUNCED I HAD LOST THE GAME. Pathetic, really PATHETIC!! And I imagine this occurs in all their games. BAD NEWS indeed.
2) Is this game coded in that "old programming language" Quick Basic from the 1990s? It amazingly slow! Often tedious as you wait and wait!
ADVICE - AVOID this game and be skeptical of this companies other games!
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 400.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.