It's been a few years since the zombpocalypse turned the world's cities into graveyards and sent the few survivors into hiding. Now you must gather them up and restore civilization to a ruined city, one building at a time.
Rebuild 3 is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
This sequel to the "unputdownable" Rebuild Mobile (aka Rebuild 2) is much MUCH bigger. Just check out these features:
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 10 resources and one-use items to find or craft
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, farm, fish, trade, bartend...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 70 types of equipment to find
- 100 survivor perks: Melee Training, Green Thumb, Light Sleeper...
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels
Support for new devices.
Prevent notch from blocking menu elements in iPhone 11+
Ratings and Reviews
Truly worth the money
I played rebuild and rebuild 2 online and loved them, for a free online game they were pretty good. I bought both the rebuild games on the App Store but I didn’t play this one for a while because of how different it was from the first two, it was a little tricky for me starting out but once I have it a chance I was hooked. For a mobile game and the little amount of money it cost, it is very very worth it. I played through the first time in about a week playing whenever I had the chance.
It’s worth the 5 stars but the different endings can be very difficult. I’ve looked for walkthroughs and only found one that seems legitimate, it would be nicer if the random events that ultimately effect the outcome of the game, would be more obvious. I’m not asking for easy peasy, just to be aware of the things I need to do so I can do them.
I’m really torn between 4 and 5 stars because it really is amazing, even with the difficulty in figuring out how to get the different endings. I haven’t been disappoint by any of the rebuild games and look forward to any future projects in this series.
It’s now on steam so I plan to buy that whenever I can :)
My favorite mobile game
The amount of detail snuck into this game is astounding! I followed my Mayor’s journey not just across Canada, but through a long term romance and marriage with her faithful lieutenant, and their three pregnancies each resulting in very different stories. And then I followed her, still pregnant with her final child, on a quest for bloody vengeance when a rival faction murdered her husband, which wove perfectly and unexpectedly into the final narrative.
I played the game blind, one level at a time over the course of months. The controls were always quick to return to mind. And upon reaching the ending, a slew of previous choices came home to roost. I know some people are complaining that the choices weren’t obviously important at the time, but I love that they faded into the patchwork of other choices made over the course of the game. I will never have exactly this play through again and that is something I can rarely say about any game.
I will absolutely be playing this game again with a brand new hero and their brand new story as soon as possible. May they make new and unexpected mistakes.
Review from OG rebuild player
Great game, better than rebuild 1 and 2. You do not have to end the days, it’s more based on time and you can low and speed it up and you can see the progression bars. Also you can see where survivors are and what they are doing. You can trade with factions like gustav and there are 11 other different factions you can destroy or ally with. You can see relationships between survivors, there are more research trees. You can see where zombie mobs are going to attack. Also it doesn’t need WiFi. It helped me get through my English class where I did not have cell service. Great game very worth the money.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Northway Games Corp.
- 120.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Sarah Northway
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.