Recharge is a personalised six-week program that helps improve your general health and wellbeing by focusing on four key areas:
1. A regular wake and sleep time each day, achieved gradually over six weeks;
2. An alarm clock that triggers fun activities designed to get you up and out of bed;
3. Increasing your exposure to daylight early in the day, to help reset your body clock; and,
4. Encouraging you to increase physical activity, especially within two hours of waking up.
Establishing a good sleep/wake routine that includes regular exercise and early daylight exposure will help improve your mood, energy and general health and wellbeing as well as helping you sleep better at night.
• Receive practical tips to improve your sleep/wake routine and wellbeing
• Get daily reports to track your mood, energy, exercise and sleep
• View graphs to help monitor your progress
Recharge asks a few simple questions to set your personalised program goals. Simply answer a few questions about your mood, energy, exercise and sleep, to receive a daily report that will show you which goals you’ve met each day. Your progress tracker will help you see the relationship between your mood, energy, exercise and sleep over the six-week program.
• Morning check in: Rate your sleep quality and note the time you went to bed
• Afternoon check in: Rate your mood and energy (plus get a bonus tip)
• Night check in: Log the amount and intensity of exercise you’ve done today
Simply click on one of the helpful tips provided in the Recharge app to view the Wellbeing guide. This is a collection of simple, practical and evidence-based tips on sleep and how it affects your body, diet, exercise, energy, mood and more.
---Not recommended for shift workers---
At this stage, Recharge is not suitable for shift workers – especially people working on rotating rosters, as it's difficult to establish a regular sleeping pattern.
Recharge is the result of a collaboration between ReachOut Australia, The University of Sydney’s Brain & Mind Research Institute, Inspire Ireland Foundation and the Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre.
The advice, information and activities within the Recharge app and Wellbeing guide are for educational purposes only. It is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If you find that the app is not helping improve your sleep, general health and wellbeing, or your situation has worsened, see a doctor. By downloading this app, you agree to the terms and conditions provided at http://recharge.youngandwellcrc.org.au/terms
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it when it works...
..but sadly, it's crashed every day for the past few days so I it's unusable. Maybe they need to update the iOS? I loved it when it worked!
Should Help Some, I'm Sure
I answered all the survey questions as they were asked and my six week program was going to move my current wake up time (which is so early it wasn't even one of the choices) to 7:00am. The problem is, I need to leave for work at 7:00am during the week, so that wake up time, although probably quite healthy, isn't in the cards for me right now.
I tried to adjust my survey answers, but to no avail, so apparently this app is not for me. Perhaps I can look into using it again when I win the lottery and no longer have to work for a living.
Just what I need!
I can't believe this app doesn't have more reviews/isn't more prominently displayed.
I'm a teenager in high school and it's exactly what I need to prepare for the school year. It resets your body clock and gets you on a healthy regime in six weeks. All you have to do is follow the app- no excuses!
Really impressive UI. Will recommend to my friends and family!
- ReachOut Australia
- 35.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Young and Well CRC, ReachOut Australia, The University of Sydney, Inspire Foundation (Ireland)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.