Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPhone or iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
Import recipes directly from the browser on your iPhone or iPad
Facebook login improvements
Support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful kitchen tool, but could use some retooling
I have been using this app now for nearly a year, after the recommendation from a friend. It has certainly simplified my recipe collection and been a much better tool to keep me organized over using Pinterest. I love that I can import recipes, make my own modifications, and add personalized photos. One of my favourite features is being able to see the entire month at a glance on my desktop. I just wish that this feature was also available on the iPad version. Also, when I view the entire month, only the first through the ninth date are visible. I have contacted the company couple of times about this issue, and they promised they will fix it, but so far they have not.
Another review were also commented that the filter feature doesn't seem to work very well. This is also my experience. I often search for a particular recipe using a specific word, and the search tool yields no results. This is quite frustrating.
Another improvement that could be made is to the menu feature. When I search for a particular menu I can never seem to find it using the search tool. I have to scroll through the entire five pages of menus I have created. There doesn't seem to be a way to filter them by date or title. It only defaults to most recent.
Overall, I give it four stars because it has been a helpful tool in my kitchen. I really like having all of my regular recipes at my fingertips on my iPad. But it could certainly use with an update.
Great app...need more options for sorting
I actually love Pepperplate, and use it daily for meal planning, shopping and cooking, but wish it had better sorting options. It would be nice to view recipes by category; i.e. Main course, side dishes, desserts. Instead, the only way I've found to view recipes by category is using the filter. This provides a view of all recipes in a single category, but once a recipe is viewed, the filter must be reset before the category can be viewed again. This is repetitious and time-consuming. The existing sort options are ascending or descending, by date or alphabetically. The integration between the recipes, planner and shopping list is flawless. It's easy to plan meals then add the recipe items to the shopping list. As long as all your devices are synced, you can easily create a shopping list from the planner, even if you don't remember to do it until you're at the grocery store. Having the recipe at hand reduces the chance of getting home and discovering you've forgotten a key ingredient. Expand the sorting options, and my rating is five stars!
Needs an iOS 10 update ASAP!
I had to cut back a couple of stars because some improvements need to me made with regard to iOS 10 compatibility. Since I've upgraded, I've noticed that whenever you leave the app (say, using multitasking to switch to another app) and come back, the app reloads back to the home screen (recipes). This can cause checked items on the shopping list to be unchecked again because the app hasn't synchronized with the server. Another flaw is that when sending multiple recipes (unfortunately in separate emails...would like to see that soon), choosing the email option on a different recipe after you've already sent one will result in sending an email with the previous recipe. It's like the first recipe you sent gets stuck. This issue, of course, is resolved by quitting the app and relaunching it.
This app makes my weekly meal planning much simpler and I hope to see an update soon. I'm disappointed that the last update was Sept. 2015.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.