Eliminate those stacks of cookbooks and recipe organizers from your kitchen when you store your favorite recipes in the OrganizEat Recipe Organizer. This handy app lets you keep all your favorite recipes organized right on your iPhone. Use this app to keep Grandma's secret recipes stored, or use it to organize your own custom recipes. Simply snap a photo of your recipe and it's ready for you to view. The app keeps your recipes organized by category, and you can tag each dish for easy searching. Share your recipes with friends by email, text messages or social media.
· Enter each recipe into the app by snapping a photo - no need to type!
· Save recipes from the web automatically - almost 200 popular sites supported!
· You can also type the recipe if you wish. Sometimes it's easier that way :)
· Grocery List: add recipes ingredients to your shopping list with a single tap!
· Meal Planner: plan your meals for the entire month, and generate a list!
· Beautiful skins - an app that is beautiful enough to feel like a home for the recipes you want to keep and pass down
· iPhone and iPad apps all in one
· Backup your recipes and sync them across all your devices!
· Organize every recipe by folders
· Customize folders to suit your needs
· Add searchable tags to easily find your favorite dish. Multiple tags search is also supported!
· Perform index searches for recipes based on keywords or tags
· View your recipes full screen while cooking - and the screen will not turn off - so there is no need to touch the screen with greasy hands!
· Add your own pictures to each recipe
· Email recipes to friends and family**
· Share recipes with other app users by a single click!
· Add notes and tags to organize better
· See the daily list of recipes saved from the Internet by other OrganizEat users (for getting inspiration and new ideas)
** We don't mean the iTunes Family Sharing, which we do not support at the moment
Note: this free app has all the features unlocked, to allow you a complete trial experience with all the functionalities. The free app is restricted to only 20 recipes. In order to keep using the app beyond this limit, an annual subscription is required.
We are constantly working to improve our OrganizEat app, to make recipe management, cooking and meal planning simple!
- Following numerous requests, this update of OrganizEat is mostly about a new “Inspiration & Ideas” feature: we are finally adding an inspirational "content" component to OrganizEat! A new section was added to the app, that shows the recipes imported from the Internet by OrganizEat users, during the last 24 hours. If you often spend time researching recipes to find something your family would like, that is not always the same 3 recipes: this is the perfect place to get new ideas and quality recipe content!
- In addition, we’ve made changes in the Recipe Accounts Sharing: a “remove” button was added to it. Now, if you longer wish to keep sharing your recipes with someone, you can easily cancel the recipe sharing between the two of you
- And finally, we also fixed a few minor bugs that somehow managed to crawl in :-)
Enjoy using OrganizEat, and we hope our app helps your whole family to keep your recipes in perfect order, and be even more efficient in the kitchen.
We thank you all our users, for letting us know what YOU want to have in the app. Keep that feedback coming!
Ratings and Reviews
If you like to cook and collect recipes get this app
When you are serious about cooking, you collect plenty of recipes from many sources. OrganizEat is a well thought-out tool that let us get our recipes organized and it gets used everyday at our house. We had hundreds of printed recipes that we scanned and uploaded into the program over a few hours. This is sort of a brute force approach, but we had computer print outs, hand written notes, index cards and random scraps of paper that we are now able to find quickly. There are better ways to get recipes into OrganizEat that we also use, you can import recipes directly from many sites like Serious Eats, Bon Appétit, New Your Times and others. Other sites that are not directly supported by the app can be used by snapping pictures within the app. Of course you can also type your recipes and add photos too. The developers are working to add other ways to import and additional features to the app, I had contacted them with a question and they were very responsive and open to future improvements. This is not the cheapest app out there, but you get what you are paying for.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much, Garrett, for your kind words! We are tremendously grateful for your support; it means a lot to us :-) Knowing we created a quality product that serves our users well and worth the money, is the best encouragement we can get, thank you once again! (by Rachel)
I really love this app. I am so glad I bought it when it wasn’t $25 or I’d be missing out on this awesomeness!! My only (well I have 3) hope/s would be that you guys made a computer version that I could upload recipes to from the computer. I hate browsing on my computer to find lots of things I want to save but can’t unless I text the site to myself and then go to my phone or iPad. I want to just be able to log in and add to from my computer.
I also hope you guys are working on adding more places that you will accept recipes from but love that I can add them if it doesn’t automatically upload. I’d love the feature “copy me that” has that I can automatically upload from the actual site. The 3 times I’ve tried it tells me it’s not supported ...leading me to one final request. Recipes are starting to become longer now when they add a “how to change it to cook it in the ....(instant pot, crockpot..)” making the recipe longer than a 3 photo shot option. I need the chance to screenshot the whole recipe and sometimes 3 just isn’t enough. I’d like to see up to 10 if possible.
Developer Response ,
Hi, and thank you for this warm feedback, and the suggestions for improvement! I am so glad to hear that you love the app :) About your request for additional photos: the reason we limit the number of photos is storage space. We are offering a cloud backup and sync service as part of the app, and additional photos storage has substantial cost for us. Therefore, the Extra Photos are available as an additional premium feature in the app (which is not part of the regular "Full Version" upgrade that covers 3 photos per recipe.) It's available in the app's Settings -> Premium Features. The small package allows adding 2 more photos per recipe (making it a total of 5), and the large package allows adding 5 more photos per recipe (making it a total of 8). Also, we would like to use the opportunity and explain our pricing policy better here. The Full Version app's price is not $25, it is $5.99/year :-) The reason we charge annual subscription is storage costs. We offer a sync & backup account for the recipes, as part of the app. The recipes are mostly photos (or screenshots), and long term storage of so many high resolution images, has substantial costs for us. This is why we must charge for it repeatedly every year. However, since we received many emails from people who strongly dislike subscription: we decided to give it a try and release a fully pre-paid alternative as well. It's price was set to be equal to 4-5 years of subscription, this is our current initial estimate for covering the average image hosting costs of a user - and this is price that you are mentioning in your review. This relatively "high" price, is actually for many years of the subscription in adnvance. But here is no need really to purchase the whole 5 years of in advance. You can always pay the yearly packeage that costs 5 time less than the lifetime price you quoted, without any long term commitments. If you don't like the app: you cancel your subscription, and you will not be charged anything more.
About the additional websites: we add more and more websites to our supported list all the time. When we first started we had only 30 websites that we could support, now it's almost 200. We are gathering users request for more websites in this form: http://bit.ly/2TlZpJF
I hope this helps, and if you have more questions then please write us to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and we'll be happy to assist! (by Rachel)
Versatile, easy to use
My wife asked for ‘some kind of app’ to organize her recipes as a Christmas gift. After being lost in the techno babble of several competing apps, I used this free version of Organizeat to explore its functionality and found it to be incredibly intuitive and flexible. From simply photographing an existing recipe (and type in a title), to typing the recipe in its entirety, this app functions effortlessly. Additionally, several methods make downloading recipes from websites a breeze. I’ve loaded recipes using each tool and it’s a breeze! Automatic shopping lists, name your own folders, various simple sorts, everything short and simple.
This free version limits the number of recipes and photos but is an excellent means to learn the app’s capabilities. I’ve ordered the expanded version for my wife using the gift feature on the app store. Automatic delivery on Christmas day! This too, by the way, with the help of the developer’s very responsive customer service folks.
Give it a try, you’ll love it!!
Developer Response ,
We are so glad to hear that OrganizEat makes your recipe management quick and easy :) Grateful for your kind words, we appreciate it a lot! Rachel
- ORGANIZEAT LTD
- 36.7 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Rachel Mislovaty & Michael Kariv
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Full Version $31.99
- Yearly Full Version $6.99
- Yearly Full Version $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.