RecipeBox is your favorite kitchen companion. Built with the home cook in mind, RecipeBox allows you to save all your recipes in one location. As your all inclusive kitchen assistant, RecipeBox helps organize your recipes, plan your upcoming meals, and quickly write your grocery list.
Save the recipes you find online with a quick tap. RecipeBox saves the recipe from the website and presents it in an easy to use format. You’ll save time not having to sift through web pages to find the recipe’s ingredients or instructions.
- Save recipes from your favorite apps and websites.
- The easy to use “Share Extension” makes saving recipes a breeze. With a quick tap you can save recipes from any web browser.
- Find new recipes using the “Discover” feature. Search over 600,000 recipes and find your next favorite meal.
- Use what’s in your pantry by searching for any ingredients.
- Store your personal recipes and share them with your friends and family.
- Focus Mode keeps the screen from dimming or turning off while in use.
- Share recipes with your family and friends.
- Favorite your best recipes and make them easier to find when you need them the most.
iPad Specific Features:
- Ability to drag and drop a recipe from a web browser directly into RecipeBox.
- Easily share your saved recipes by dragging and dropping from RecipeBox into iMessage, Mail, or a web browser.
- Quickly move around the app with the Magic Keyboard or any other connected keyboard.
- Grocery Lists let you add a recipe’s ingredients to your list in just a few taps.
- Plan dinner quickly and organize in advance using the built-in Meal Planner. Turn your recipes into weekly or monthly meal plans in minutes.
- Preview recipes from the Discovery tab.
We love to hear from users when they email their questions to us at at firstname.lastname@example.org!
--- 2.4.2 ---
- Image loading optimisations
- Fixes an issue where checked grocery items would be added to the printable list
- Fixes a crash when selecting an image from the photo library
Ratings and Reviews
Love this App!
Love this app so far! So easy to find recipes and keep them organized for quick review! I’m notorious for screenshotting recipes online and saving them in my camera roll, in which they promptly get lost forever. I love you can port the URL straight from the website into your recipe box. Only suggestion I would make on that front is if there is some way it could intuitively pull only the recipe itself and format it as a recipe card. Currently it just brings up the website itself which is usually a blog so I end up having to scroll and scroll forever to get to the recipe at the bottom. This would also keep the recipe if the website ever goes down or is taken down. I still love it though and it works for now. My last hope is someday integrating with Instacart or one of those online shopping modules so busy mamas like me can port the ingredients straight over to a shopping list and order my groceries. That would be a dream!! Other than those two suggestions I absolutely LOVE this app and it is making my meal planning SO much easier!
This is an easy to use app that does almost everything I want it to. It is already worthy of 5 stars, but I do have a couple of suggestions. I know I can go to settings and make it stay open as long as I need it to, but that would be much easier to do if the settings icon appeared on the same page as the open recipe. As it is, I have to back out of the recipe to the main page in order to access settings and then go back to the recipe itself. This seems like it would be an easy adjustment, and I hope it will happen soon. My other wish is that I could halve or double the recipe ingredients instead of having to do the math in my head, sometimes risking forgetting to do so with all of them. I suspect this would be much more difficult for the developers to do, but my old recipe app had that option so I do know it is possible. Maybe eventually? Meanwhile, even as is this is a terrific app and I am grateful to have it!
Great app, helpful developers.
I am really impressed with this app and the developers. First of all, I Love that it’s just a one time fee and not a subscription. I had a few issues with signing in and the developer got back to me quickly and fixed the issue. Also, I had a suggestion of something I would like to see the app offer, and they are working on that too!
It’s incredibly easy to save my own recipes into this app, and plan a menu and even make a grocery list. My suggestion was to be able to get my husband to help with the menu planning, and they are working on us being able to share that, but in the meantime, I can sign in to my account on my husbands device. (This is huge for me because any help I can get from a man that hates to get anywhere near the kitchen is a blessing).
It’s everything I need in a kitchen app, without a subscription! Even the free version has a lot to offer.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Code for Travel, LLC
- 50.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Code For Travel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- RecipeBox Paid Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.