"Recitator" (Latin reciter, reader) reads your texts to you.
You can hear your texts while commuting or during a walk.
If no audiobook exists for your text then "Recitator" is the ideal alternative.
"Recitator" speaks EPUB, PDF and TXT files. You can use iCloud Drive, iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox, Google Drive ... to transfer the files.
You can use "Recitator" also for proof reading of your documents. Let it read e.g. your report to you to find orthographic errors or missing words. Simply save your document as text or PDF file and transfer it to "Recitator".
- Simple to use.
- No In-App purchases. If you buy the full version, you don't have to buy any additional speaker or speech packets. Therefore the price of "Recitator" is unbeatable.
- Supports many languages, e.g. English, German, Spanish, French, etc.
- Saves the last text position. The next time you open a document you can continue listening at the same position.
- Shows also images in EPUB files.
- Supports iPhone and iPad as Universal App.
- Supports background audio.
- Supports iCloud Drive
- Supports iTunes File Sharing
- Supports Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
Please note that Recitator will work with DRM free and unprotected files only.
Please download Recitator Lite for free to test the app. The only difference of the Lite version is that it stops speaking after a few sentences. The full version will speak the complete text to the end.
- English: "no." is now pronounced as "no" instead of "number".
- EPUB: in some cases the last sentences of a chapter have been dropped.
Ratings and Reviews
Short test time
The Lite version stops after about 2 pages of text; something the description doesn't mention. For the limited time I could test, the app seems OK. But I would have liked 12 or 24 hours access to really look it over.
I like it. The tts is too slow even at maximum speed (at least for French). The app would need a search function to find a word in the text when we lost a page.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.