The ultimate audio and voice recorder for your iPhone. Simple and easy to use, but also packed with features.
• Launch and shake to start recording, or if you prefer, use the button on the lower right toolbar.
• Pause and resume recordings.
• Search recording titles.
• Organise recordings into folders.
• Setup smart folders based on keywords, or the location you recorded.
• Email recordings from your iPhone (10 minute recordings or shorter).
• Rename and reorder recordings.
• Seek and pause during playback.
• Compressed IMA4 AIFF format.
• Great audio quality, record for seconds or hours.
• Records when iPhone is locked.
• Scrub through long recordings with the touch of a finger.
Smart folders take the hassle out of organising your recordings. You can create smart folders to automatically organise your recordings based on the location where they were created, or keywords contained within the title.
Support for latest iOS devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Basic but Quirky
1. Basic record and playback functionality
2. Good record quality through built-in Mic
3. Good playback quality through iPhone headset
4. Awful record quality through iPhone headset Mic
5. Non-intuitive "stop" allows accidental write-over when attempting to resume recording
6. No apparent way to append to a previously saved recording.
7. As previously noted, no warning before deletion.
8. Sink application on PC works okay, but user interface is slightly weird and cumbersome.
PS: According to Wikipedia, name word "Dictaphone" was tradmarked in 1907. After a number of business transfers and splits, Nuance now owns a piece of the original company and has several trademarked products starting with the word "Dictaphone". It is not clear to me who, if anyone owns the name "Dictaphone".
OK, so I downloaded this recorder last night. Mind you, that I already have four other recorders, but I am still hopeful that someone will get it right …….. eventually!
This one is close. With a little work it might be the one.
Comments and questions:
The e-mail works …. Yes!
Is it necessary for it to go through your server? Why can’t it be e-mailed directly to whomever?
I have to manually type in the e-mail address!! Please provide a way to choose from my contacts list. Also, a default e-mail address would be helpful. 95% of the time I will be e-mailing to myself. After those two enhancements are implemented a third would be to have a favorites list.
Sound quality is OK, but it could be better. As a for instance, “VoiceRecord” has a quality setting that includes “CD quality”
The app needs to auto save without having to enter a title. You can just close the app and it saves it as “Untitled” but only gives the day and no time or differentiating number. And then you have to open it up again to start another recording. This is kind of kludgy!
And last but not least. Having to shake my phone to start a recording is annoying! Give us the option to use that method or a button to tap.
Otherwise I think the app has a lot of promise! The graphic interface is mostly good looking, cleanly designed and easy to use.
Very nice, but a few small drawbacks...
After testing several recorders, I can say that visually this has one of the most attractive interfaces, and works quite well.
That said, it has one serious drawback: In order to transfer recordings to your computer, you must first launch the "Sink" application on that computer. If you are visiting a friend, and want to transfer a recording, that friend must also first add the "Sink" software to their own computer. (By way of contrast, iDicto is able to sync without any external proprietary software simply by accessing the specified IP address from within any internet browser.)
Shaking the phone to launch a new recording is innovative, but I personally find it slightly annoying and would prefer a way to disable that behavior.
As is, this application easily gets four enthusiastic stars! If Record also included the NATIVE ability to sync recordings - without having to launch a separate program on the computer - and allowed a few simple user settings (i.e., turn off "shake" to start a recording, and allow different quality settings) it would be a full five stars.
The developer, Polar Bear Farm Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Polar Bear Farm Ltd
- 3.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Polar Bear Farm
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.