Give your talents as a director free rein with RecoStudio MultiCam.
Turn your iPad or iPhone into a video switcher, and use additional iPhones, iPads, or iPods as video cameras to shoot as if you were in an actual television studio. View all cameras simultaneously, combine images together from several cameras, and create transitions from one camera to another! Save your work in Full HD and share it with your friends.
• Join phones over Wi-Fi: Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running RecoStudio MultiCam can be used as either a camera or the video switcher. The device being used as the switcher shows a list of all the other iPhones, iPods, or iPads on your Wi-Fi network. It’s easy to select the ones you want to use as cameras. You can then see the selected cameras’ images and mix them together.
• See all camera angles: On the switcher, you can see each camera’s feed. A red light on the camera screen indicates when the camera is live.
• Transition between angles: Use any of several transition modes — crossfade, wipe, cube, and more.
• Apply multiview effects: Select two or more cameras to combine their feeds into one view. Several layout options are available — dashboard, flap, picture-in-picture, and more.
• Control cameras remotely: From the switcher, you can remotely control each camera’s zoom, focus, exposure, white balance, stabilization, and torch.
• Record in Full HD: Each camera can record video in 1080p Full HD. When filming has wrapped, each camera’s recording output is sent to the switcher, which uses this footage to create an exceptional final product.
• Share your production: Transfer the final product or all camera files to the Camera Roll. Then share your production directly on YouTube, import it into iMovie, or move it to any other application on your iPad or iPhone. Transfer your creation to your Mac or PC via iTunes to import it into your favorite video-editing software.
• Select the camera to use as the audio source for the whole film.
• Choose to disable autofocus automatically while the camera is filming.
• Use a tally light on front or back cameras.
The app runs on any iOS device running iOS12 or higher. A Wi-Fi network is required (the personal hotspot of one iPhone is often enough).
Interested in streaming live video to YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and beyond? Consider trying our livestreaming creation platform, Switcher Studio.
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good!
Let me start my saying I think this is an awesome app, I've ran my iPad Air as a camera and a switcher while controlling 3 iPhones, an iPhone 4, and iPhone 5s, and an iPhone 5c. It worked flawlessly! I only shot 2 minutes I have yet to try a longer video. But for what I tested it worked great! While recording one take you can preview your next camera and Zoom in or out to frame you shot and the included transitions are excellent as well, I went ahead and spent the extra $3 and purchased the ability to add images or overlays and that works great also, I had some logos I had designed already with transparency and they looked great. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is because I think it should include Facebook live streaming , I know they have another app for that but it's with a subscription and I hate that subscription nonsense I rather do my recording and then post to social media, I use Facebook live a lot but I cannot afford to spend a lot of money on it, as I was looking for an alternative to a MEVO camera I stumble upon this app I think is great I recommend it it is word the 5 or 8 bucks the ability to switch between 4 cameras and add graphics on the fly! All from an iPad, that's amazing! Add the ability to stream live at least as an in app purchase I would pay 20 or 30 ( don't make it a subscription) add that feature and you would have a lot of more people buying the app and more reviews with 5 starts :-) thanks for a great app
I like it. Works as advertised
I really like this app. It us room for a few improvements, but overall seems to work as advertised. I haves experienced any lag or anything, the transitions are cool. If I wish the developers would provide an option to record on a selected device, reason being, I have several older iOS devices, and 1 newer, larger 1 with much more storage. The app records video on each individual device, so my older devices can't really record much video at all :(
Change that feature and it's a 5 star app. I'm sure I could come up with other change ideas like lower thirds built in, but it us ability to cut to a graphic so it's ok. A graphic overlay would be great though. All in all not bad. With the $$
I have very rarely if ever given a 5 star rating, but wanted to take the time to do so for this app.
First, the app works as advertised. Recording from multiple devices while allowing live compliation of a mixed track is pretty sophisticated stuff, but RecoLIve has made a clean and very usable interface to make it manageable for even beginers to use.
I would definately recommend creating some tests before you capture your final video as you will want to make sure you know not only how to record but also how to retrieve your recording. This isn't a criticism of the software but simply some good advice for those just getting started.
The other highlight for me is that each of the cameras records up to 1080 HD on to that device allowing me not only to get the combined video but also retrieve the original footage from each device and do my own editing.
While I felt this was a great app, what I really appreciated was the support. They were very quick to respond, provided excellent answers (even when what I wanted to do wasn't yet supported, they were clear about what it does do and what options I had). I have worked with a lot of software and computer companies and this one really stands out as one that cares.
Thanks again for creating a great app at an afordable price and providing some of the best support I have seen.
- Switcher Inc.
- 72.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Switcher Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Extension $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.