Note to users: RecoveryOne is available via participating doctors and through select health plans, employers, and other sponsoring organizations.
Our 180+ treatment pathways cover the whole body: neck, shoulder, mid back, low back, arm/wrist, hip, knees, ankle/foot, and more.
You can access your personal pathway at any time, on any device, and from any location. Our exercise, recovery, and self-care content is clear and easy to understand. Along the way, we will provide you with the information and motivation you might need to stay on track.
● Your own customized recovery pathway, based on your ongoing feedback and personal progress
● Instructional physical therapy exercise videos organized within multi-week pathways, so you can recover at your personal pace, from the comfort of your own home
● Clinically-proven educational information that covers both diagnosis and recovery
● Home care videos that help with real-world, everyday needs: how to get out of a car, how to use crutches, and more
● Daily tips and motivational content that appear right away within the app
How we support you:
● Monitoring and displaying your recovery progress, including pain, function, and range of motion
● Exercise tracking
● Giving you immediate access to your stats from the home page
● Helping you set long- and short-term goal setting
● Optional reminders via text message or email to help you stay on track
● Optional guided workouts
● Suggestions for equipment alternatives so you can easily do your exercises
● Integration with wearables including Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple HealthKit
● Support from the doctor that enrolled you into the program
● Technical and clinical support via secure chat
Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be better
The patient service of both the PTs and Health coaches are great. They are very responsive and quick to modify exercises based on what is available in my home. The videos are very detailed with comprehensive explanations of what is needed. I can mirror the app to my TV to get a good view. An app for Apple TV would be really nice but not a deal breaker. This app could be a lot better when guidance is selected. An audible count of reps or a 5 second countdown for timed reps would be very beneficial especially when doing some of the supine exercises.
Interesting concept, poor execution
I am able to receive this service for free through my insurance provider, Cigna. My review would be one-star if I was actually paying out of pocket.
Where to even begin?
My engagement began with a virtual consultation with a PT. It was a 20 minute or so conversation and I liked her very much. Unfortunately I never get to speak with her again. One and done. Everything from that point forward is through the app.
The app is intuitive enough, but…
- Videos lack basic functionality, e.g. fast forward or review by 15 seconds
- Video settings are ridiculous to being stupid - by the beach, on a mountain top, in a field. Why not simply in a gym setting?
- No audio when you are actually doing the stretches makes the experience terribly frustrating. I’m on my back looking at the ceiling. How am I supposed to know when to begin another rep?
- No ability to cast the session to a tv
-Every stretch has a required feedback mechanism. REQUIRED. What if I don’t want to provide feedback?
- Every feedback instance that is negative generates a unique email from support. My session this morning generated at least a half dozen unique emails. I’m have since blocked Recovery One on my Gmail account.
- Disrespectful of my time. I told the app I have 30 minutes maximum - it generated a routine that was easily 45 min.
I really hated this app and the experience. As they say in baseball, “a swing and a miss”.
I have benefitted from RecoveryOne
I have been using the RecoveryOne program for 5 weeks. It is exact what I wanted.
I’m a busy working mom and I need to work on my lower back. I don’t have a lot of time to schedule PT. This app has been perfect.
I work out when I want and I feel that I am getting stronger. I am learning how to protect my back now that I am getting the appropriate muscle strength. I do the RecoveryOne program for 20 minutes 6 times a week (average is 3 times a week, I think)
My only request is for RecoveryOne to extend their program to a maintenance program after I’m healthier.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trainer Rx, Inc.
- 100.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Trainer Rx, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.