Get out there, experience America, and bring home a story!
The Recreation.gov mobile app is your on-the-go solution for reserving thousands of incredible camping destinations. Return to your favorite spot or discover a new one by searching for the campsite that’s right for you.
The Recreation.gov app helps you find and book campsites, review location details for your trip, and quickly access information on existing camping and ticket reservations from almost anywhere.
The current release does not support making reservations for tickets, permits, and day-use facilities or purchasing passes.
• Search unique campgrounds and individual campsites across the country
• Discover personalized recommendations based on your location
• Filter search results by what’s important to you and your trip (price, amenities, site type, and more)
• View photos and maps of campgrounds and campsites
• Seamlessly switch between interactive maps and search results
• Check real-time availability and location information for individual sites
• Review important details on activities, attractions, and experiences for your next trip
• Conveniently access your account information and your camping and ticket reservations
Whether you’re booking a weekend getaway or planning your next cross-country road trip, federal recreation activities and outdoor adventures start with Recreation.gov.
- bug fixes and minor updates
- support for camp 4
Ratings and Reviews
This is an obvious evolution of the desktop version and I have been waiting a long time for this! So great to see something we needed materialize. Too hard to use my laptop on the fly and now we have it. Thank you for making this happen. Now as a suggestion can’t we get all States and Local Government parks added into this app? Sure would be and excellent “one-stop-shop” for all.
Still needs lot of work
I have a hard time getting round in it to see campsites that are available on certain dates Just hit and miss to find a campground map or satellite view. I loved the old website of a year or too ago. When I look at owls reservations I can’t click on it to make a new reservation at same site or campground. I find it hard to navigate around and I don’t usually have that problem with website or apps. A 2 is generous.
Love the new app
I have used the new app to make several reservations at a couple of COE parks, and wow what an improvement. For the most part, it’s easy to navigate and I like the way the photos and maps are integrated. I wish it could store my Golden Age Passport number, do I don’t have to keep re-entering it, but that’s minor.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.