Get out there, experience America, and bring home a story!
The Recreation.gov mobile app is your on-the-go solution for reserving thousands of incredible camping destinations. Return to your favorite spot or discover a new one by searching for the campsite that’s right for you.
The Recreation.gov app helps you find and book campsites and experiences, review location details for your trip, and quickly access information on existing reservations from almost anywhere.
• Search unique campgrounds and individual campsites across the country
• Discover personalized recommendations based on your location
• Filter search results by what’s important to you and your trip (price, amenities, site type, and more)
• View photos and maps of campgrounds and campsites
• Seamlessly switch between interactive maps and search results
• Check real-time availability and location information for individual sites
• Pay for select campsites and activities on the spot by scanning a QR code
• Learn about passes and tickets that get you into your favorite spots
• Review important details on activities, attractions, and experiences for your next trip
• Conveniently access your account information and all your reservations
• Find tickets, tours, and permits for amazing activities
• Access your digital tickets for a smooth check-in
Whether you’re booking a weekend getaway or planning your next cross-country road trip, federal recreation activities and outdoor adventures start with Recreation.gov.
Bug spray applied! Stability improvements and bug fixes to keep the app running smoothly.
Ratings and Reviews
DO NOT use this app if you are trying to book highly sought campsites. I put it in my calendar to book a campsite when it became available 6 months out and kept looking and being confused by the fact that they either weren’t available for reservation, were first come first served, or were available but when I tried to book was told it would come available at 10am. At 10am they were suddenly all fist come first serve again. All of that was wrong. I finally went to the website and all sites had already been reserved. The availability information shown was completely false and ruined a vacation I had been planning for a year. I was so excited when this app came out and now will go back to website only.
It’s so nice to have a site like this! 3 suggestions. When it comes to searching for dates there should be an option to select date flexibility. Along this same lines; when I put in certain dates it lists the available sites first (great!) then as I scroll down it’ll show sites that have different availabilities that aren’t a perfect match. When I click the button to “check availability” I want my dates to disappear and to only see their available dates. Or even if my dates stay, have them be a different color on the legend. Because I’d click away from my selected dates and sometimes only one or 2 dates would pop up and if I’d click on one of those dates, more dates would pop up. It must be a glitch. There should also be the option of saving sites that I’m interested in coming back to look at later. Not to reserve or hold the site, but if I’m doing a late night search I want an easy way to open up the app the next morning and find my favorite options. Hopefully these are helpful suggestions on improving the app.
Easy to Use
I like this site because it is easy to use. It seems like a few new tools have been added recently too. There is now a “partially available” noted if your reservation dates just need to be tweaked by a day or two and that eliminates the guessing game that you often have to play when using other sites. Campground site maps could be a little more informative, and it would be great if more pictures were added, but I guess the adventure is out there and sometimes should be left unknown. :-)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
- 168.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Gambling Frequent/Intense Contests
- © Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.