The Redbox app has many features that make entertainment simple, affordable, convenient and personal.
• Rent & pick up new release movies on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD starting at just $1.80 a night.
• Find a Box nearby to browse and rent movies.
• Buy used movies to own forever. Just choose a favorite, select “Buy at the Box” and pick it up at a Box near you.
• Stream Free Live TV! Start watching popular channels like TMZ, USA Today, Unsolved Mysteries and more. It’s always on – and you don’t even need to sign in first.
• The newest Movies & TV Shows are also available for you to stream – just add them to your On Demand Library to watch instantly in the app.
• Want to watch on the go? You can also download your On Demand Movies & TV Shows to watch anytime, anywhere – even offline.
• Sign up for Redbox Perks to earn free rentals, get special deals just for you, and enjoy perks like a b-day gift and additional promos.
• Add upcoming movies to your Wish List – and we’ll notify you when they’re ready to rent & pick up.
We update the app regularly so that we can provide the best experience possible. Get the latest version for all of the available Redbox features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
To be honest, since I have Netflix, I haven’t used you in quite a while. I even went so far as to delete the app, it’s been that long. But today I recently discovered a game that I had never heard of before. It looked quite interesting but I didn’t want to buy it. I remembered you, re-downloaded the app and found the game on my route to pick up dinner. As I was getting ready to check out, I went to my email to see if there were any promotions from you guys as I really didn’t want to pay for this game I just wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, the last one you sent me was back in August. I figured you guys had forgotten about me as I had you so I wasn’t too upset about it; but as I went to check out I noticed the promo options said I had one available, when I checked it, it was a free night rental gift from Redbox for my birthday last month. It warmed my heart so much I had to write this review. When I was actively using Redbox I was never disappointed in the quality of the videos or games or the availability of them. I give Redbox 5 stars every day of the year, even if I am not using them.
Great user experience except for the map function
This app works pretty great for when I occasionally rent a movie. My only gripe is that the Redbox locator map is terrible. You can search based on current location or even zip but you can’t pinch and zoom on the map to see the actual cross streets. Or sometimes you can pinch and zoom but not to the area you want, and adjusting the map in any other way results in it sprinting back to the zoomed out look again.
The list with the addresses is there but not helpful if there are several machines on the same street but may not be that close to each other. Do you ever know the actual address of stores you visit?
So my one wish is that you could navigate the map to locate the preferred machine of your choice if you could navigate the map function as it is usually easier to locate a machine based on the map, especially if the machine is located in a shopping center.
Only 3 stars because I’ve had numerous issues with movies I’ve rented skipping and freezing and had to continually take them out and clean them to try to finish movies...just think maybe the discs should be maintained better. Also I received a text from Redbox that the movies and games were 99 cents until November 4th...yet I just rented 3 and was charged $1.75 each for them...tried to contact customer service and their office is closed...also chat support isn’t available either. Seems like one or the other should be available at all times. I guessed I’ll try to contact them later to see if they will fix it. They shouldn’t advertise a promotion and then not give that pricing. Other than those issues I do like the convenience of renting from Redbox.
New Issue...There are problems with the app...every time I try to pull up my wish list it says it’s unable to do so to “please try again later”...I contacted customer service and was told to update the app and it would fix the issue... I just updated and it didn’t fix it...it’s still doing the same thing!! Please fix!!
Developer Response ,
We hear you and apologize for the inconvenience - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make it up to you.
- 78.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Redbox Automated Retail, LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.