The Redbox app has many features that make entertainment simple, affordable, convenient and personal.
• Rent & pick up new release movies on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD starting at just $1.80 a night.
• Find a Box nearby to browse and rent movies.
• Buy used movies to own forever. Just choose a favorite, select “Buy at the Box” and pick it up at a Box near you.
• Stream Free Live TV! Start watching popular channels like TMZ, USA Today, Unsolved Mysteries and more. It’s always on – and you don’t even need to sign in first.
• The newest Movies & TV Shows are also available for you to stream – just add them to your On Demand Library to watch instantly in the app.
• Want to watch on the go? You can also download your On Demand Movies & TV Shows to watch anytime, anywhere – even offline.
• Sign up for Redbox Perks to earn free rentals, get special deals just for you, and enjoy perks like a b-day gift and additional promos.
• Add upcoming movies to your Wish List – and we’ll notify you when they’re ready to rent & pick up.
Bug fix to resolve an issue when viewing Title information.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good, but could be great
I love being able to search for movies and rent directly from the app. Great for when I’m out and have the urge to rent a show. One feature that would be super helpful is a notification of some kind that lets you know that you didn’t return a movie after the original rental period. A notification on the actual app or an email would suffice. I recently rented a show and thought another family member had returned it. Four days later I got an email from redbox advertising something else. At that moment I realized I never got an email confirmation of my prior rental. Pulled up my account and sure enough, it’s still checked out. I had to turn my house upside down, but finally found it under the couch. Now I owe almost $10 because I had it so long. In this day of technology it would be super simple for an automated email or app notification to be sent out once the original rental period has passed. All it needs to say is something like “not done watching? You’ll be charged $?? fir each additional 24 hour period.” Something simple to jogged someone’s memory. Seems like redbox is trying to make big off someone’s forgetfulness. Not cool, redbox!
To be honest, since I have Netflix, I haven’t used you in quite a while. I even went so far as to delete the app, it’s been that long. But today I recently discovered a game that I had never heard of before. It looked quite interesting but I didn’t want to buy it. I remembered you, re-downloaded the app and found the game on my route to pick up dinner. As I was getting ready to check out, I went to my email to see if there were any promotions from you guys as I really didn’t want to pay for this game I just wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, the last one you sent me was back in August. I figured you guys had forgotten about me as I had you so I wasn’t too upset about it; but as I went to check out I noticed the promo options said I had one available, when I checked it, it was a free night rental gift from Redbox for my birthday last month. It warmed my heart so much I had to write this review. When I was actively using Redbox I was never disappointed in the quality of the videos or games or the availability of them. I give Redbox 5 stars every day of the year, even if I am not using them.
Great user experience except for the map function
This app works pretty great for when I occasionally rent a movie. My only gripe is that the Redbox locator map is terrible. You can search based on current location or even zip but you can’t pinch and zoom on the map to see the actual cross streets. Or sometimes you can pinch and zoom but not to the area you want, and adjusting the map in any other way results in it sprinting back to the zoomed out look again.
The list with the addresses is there but not helpful if there are several machines on the same street but may not be that close to each other. Do you ever know the actual address of stores you visit?
So my one wish is that you could navigate the map to locate the preferred machine of your choice if you could navigate the map function as it is usually easier to locate a machine based on the map, especially if the machine is located in a shopping center.
- 80 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Redbox Automated Retail, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.