The Redbox app has many features that make entertainment simple, affordable, convenient, and personal.
• Find Redbox locations nearby to browse and reserve movies and games.
• Reserve and rent new release movies on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD at your nearest Redbox location starting at just $1.75 a night.
• Try out the latest Xbox One and PS4 games by reserving them for just $3.00 a night.
• Many of our previously-viewed movies and video games are also available for you to own. Just browse our selection of movies and games, select the “Buy at the Box” option to reserve the titles you want to own, and pick them up at the Redbox location of your choice.
• The newest movies and TV shows are also available for you to stream - just add them to your On Demand library to start streaming in the app.
• Want to watch on-the-go? You can also download your On Demand content to your device and watch it offline later.
• Sign up for Redbox Perks to earn points that can be used towards rentals, collect badges, and participate in special events throughout the year.
• Add upcoming movies and games to your Wish List, and we’ll notify you when they are ready for you to reserve and pick up.
• We’ve partnered with DoorDash to give you an amazing Dinner and a Movie deal. Sign up with DoorDash and receive a code for a $0 delivery fee on your first three food orders. Each time you use the code, you’ll also receive a promo code good for a free Redbox rental at the Box or On Demand.
• Nintendo Switch games can now be reserved in six cities across the country, including Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, San Antonio, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah and Nashville, Tennessee.
• Watch movies in even better quality – 4K Ultra HD rentals are available in six test markets for just $2.50 per night: Los Angeles, Seattle, Austin, Detroit, Miami, and New York City.
We improved video quality for downloaded movies and TV shows, and we fixed a bug where transaction history wasn’t showing for some users. As a reminder, you can always view your previous transactions by going to the My Redbox tab, tapping on the Account icon, and selecting “Transaction History”.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be great
I love being able to search for movies and rent directly from the app. Great for when I’m out and have the urge to rent a show. One feature that would be super helpful is a notification of some kind that lets you know that you didn’t return a movie after the original rental period. A notification on the actual app or an email would suffice. I recently rented a show and thought another family member had returned it. Four days later I got an email from redbox advertising something else. At that moment I realized I never got an email confirmation of my prior rental. Pulled up my account and sure enough, it’s still checked out. I had to turn my house upside down, but finally found it under the couch. Now I owe almost $10 because I had it so long. In this day of technology it would be super simple for an automated email or app notification to be sent out once the original rental period has passed. All it needs to say is something like “not done watching? You’ll be charged $?? fir each additional 24 hour period.” Something simple to jogged someone’s memory. Seems like redbox is trying to make big off someone’s forgetfulness. Not cool, redbox!
I seen this movie in the theaters and it was sooo good with this eerie, creepy vibe. However, I really wanted to understand what I saw in dept with the biblical meaning Jeremiah 11:11. So after watching this movie a second time on redbox I understand even more and realized how brilliant this movie was and if anyone says it’s not good or worth your time they totally missed what the movie was truly trying to say about how we as humans take for granted all the privileges we have on the surface and the closest people to you, really can not see the true you. The doppelgängers were a metaphor. The horror in this movie was that when all is say and done at the end of the world we will be our own destruction with ourselves for the choices we made all these years on earth and God will judge us and chaos will consume the earth. That in itself was very deep. So you if you decide to rent it know that this is a psychological horror film with some prophecy in it. Read your Bible and Pray.
Redbox has many Great options but one
I like having the option to browse online or by app for all the Hot new releases with a wide variety for all to see. You even have the option of buying the movie and it doesn't stop there if you choose at the last minute to rent a movie for the night there's many locations where you can just pull up to your local Redbox and choose a new release right there from the screen on the spot. And if you are a gamer they have a great variety of games as well.
I have to say I am from a very very small Town and there are plenty of red boxes located throughout the area, all within a minute or two within each Redbox between each one another.
The only thing that would be awesome to have is the choice of renting older movies or certain movies that are not new releases that they wouldn't carry.
Example the color purple, fried green tomatoes, now that they have shows that you can rent is well there are certain shows from years back that I would like to see that Redbox will not Cary or Wood not Cary. Other than that Redbox I like the new addition of the TV shows it's a great add to the Redbox family
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Redbox Automated Retail, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.