The Redbox app has many features that make entertainment simple, affordable, convenient and personal.
• Rent & pick up new release movies on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD starting at just $1.99 a night at any of the 41,000 kiosk locations
• Buy used movies to own forever. Just choose a favorite, select “Buy at the Box” and pick it up at a Box near you.
• Stream Free On Demand – and choose from hundreds of movies & TV shows to watch free with ads. Also, enjoy a variety of comedy stand-up specials, documentaries and more. No sign in required.
• Tune into Free Live TV for popular channels featuring movies, sports, news, music, kids & family, lifestyle and more. Plus, watch our very own Redbox Movie Channels for hand-picked collections. No sign in required.
• Rent or buy new movies and thousands more. Simply add them to your On Demand Library to watch instantly in the app.
• Want to watch on the go? Download your On Demand rentals & purchases to watch anytime, anywhere – even offline.
• Sign up for Redbox Perks to earn free rentals, get special deals just for you, and enjoy perks like a b-day gift and additional promos.
• Add upcoming movies to your Wish List – and we’ll notify you when they’re ready to rent & pick up.
Important bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
To be honest, since I have Netflix, I haven’t used you in quite a while. I even went so far as to delete the app, it’s been that long. But today I recently discovered a game that I had never heard of before. It looked quite interesting but I didn’t want to buy it. I remembered you, re-downloaded the app and found the game on my route to pick up dinner. As I was getting ready to check out, I went to my email to see if there were any promotions from you guys as I really didn’t want to pay for this game I just wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, the last one you sent me was back in August. I figured you guys had forgotten about me as I had you so I wasn’t too upset about it; but as I went to check out I noticed the promo options said I had one available, when I checked it, it was a free night rental gift from Redbox for my birthday last month. It warmed my heart so much I had to write this review. When I was actively using Redbox I was never disappointed in the quality of the videos or games or the availability of them. I give Redbox 5 stars every day of the year, even if I am not using them.
Cant watch if you download.
Just rented my first on demand movie threw Redbox. It was a horrible experience. I would not play if I had downloaded the movie. The only way it would let me watch was threw using my data on my Phone. It was terrible quality often times being so blurry and pixilated you could not see what was on the screen as well as shuddering. I would have to stop the app and restart the movie just to get the quality bad enough to see what was on the screen it buffered ever few minutes. I made sure it was updated uninstalled and reinstalled the rare time it let me delete the download it could start watching it with my data. I tryed 3 times to download and play it. It would download fine but would not play. All it would say was keep watching even before I had started watching it. And would not actually play no mater how many times you pressed keep watching. Unless of course it wasn’t downloaded and I was using my phones data. I called customer support and they claimed they “refreshed” the movie and extended the available days which it didn’t and did nothing. They could not offer any real help. Please save yourself the trouble, unless you have a kicking data plan and great connection dont bother using red box on demand if you can only use your phone. It just would not play if it was downloaded. Maybe it works better on another device. Stick with there disk rental if you use Redbox I know I will.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! We’re sorry to hear that you were having trouble streaming your On Demand rental. We’d like to take an additional look into this to get to the bottom of this streaming issue. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email associated with your account along with the movie you're having trouble with.
Great user experience except for the map function
This app works pretty great for when I occasionally rent a movie. My only gripe is that the Redbox locator map is terrible. You can search based on current location or even zip but you can’t pinch and zoom on the map to see the actual cross streets. Or sometimes you can pinch and zoom but not to the area you want, and adjusting the map in any other way results in it sprinting back to the zoomed out look again.
The list with the addresses is there but not helpful if there are several machines on the same street but may not be that close to each other. Do you ever know the actual address of stores you visit?
So my one wish is that you could navigate the map to locate the preferred machine of your choice if you could navigate the map function as it is usually easier to locate a machine based on the map, especially if the machine is located in a shopping center.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Redbox Automated Retail, LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.