What is Reddit? Reddit is where topics or ideas are arranged in communities. Start off with what you like and go from there. There are 100K active ones to choose from.
Stay informed about COVID-19 at r/coronavirus. Visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov for info.
Joining your favorite communities will create a constant, personalized feed of content like news headlines, fun stories, sports talk, games, viral pics, top memes, and videos.
Earn fake Internet points (called Karma) by sharing your passion for books, movies, video games, sports, TV shows, music and technology with millions of people who share your interests.
Or just browse what millions of other people are posting and talking about.
Here are some reasons you should download it.
Communities about ideas not people
- There’s a Night Mode
- It creates wonderful distractions
- It’s free and open
- Getting answers to questions you’re too afraid to ask in public.
- High quality entertainment for extended bathroom breaks.
- Unique usernames so your mom won’t find you on Reddit.
- Limitless possibilities
- Gift exchanges like Secret Santa
- Bananas used for scale
- Losing track of vast amounts of time
- Closing Reddit on your computer just to open it on your phone
- Very convincing fan theories about TV shows
- Every kind of nostalgia
- Every team
- Recipes worth making
- Genuine empathy
- Lots and lots of cats
Reddit Premium: now with less suck.
Reddit Premium Subscription is $6.99 per month. You will receive an ads-free Reddit experience, access to r/lounge and 700 Coins for every month you are subscribed.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You will be charged a recurring monthly transaction through your iTunes account. Your account will be charged $6.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Your Reddit Premium membership automatically renews on a monthly basis unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
You can manage your subscription, cancel or turn off auto-renewal through Account Settings in your iTunes account. You can cancel anytime and there are no refunds for partial months.
User Agreement: https://m.reddit.com/wiki/useragreement
Content Policy: https://m.reddit.com/wiki/contentpolicy
Download the official Reddit app today.
• New Functionality: Now you can turn on and off both email and app notifications in your settings
• Bug Fix: Copying and saving images in media galleries works again
• Bug Fix: New feed sort will be saved on communities again
• Bug Fix: Tapping on media gallery dots won’t make the other dots disappear anymore
• Bug Fix: Autocorrect works in RPAN chat now
• Bug Fix: Awards won’t cover images for media gallery posts anymore
• Bug Fix: Media galleries on iOS 14 have proper pagination again
• Bug Fix: Thumbnail images work in the News tab again
• Bug Fix: Spoilers that include the same text inside the same post, will reveal separately now
• Bug Fix: You can award ads again
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whether you love movies, kittens, science, kittens, politics, or kittens, Reddit’s official app puts all this (plus kittens) at your fingertips. With a colorful and intuitive layout, it’s easy to browse and post to “the front page of the Internet” across thousands of subreddits that cater to virtually every area of interest. Search for communities that line up with your hobbies; filter posts by posting time, hotness, and more; and get a breakdown of your own Redditing history to see where you reaped all that sweet, sweet karma. (Protip: you can’t go wrong with pictures of—you guessed it—kittens.)
Amazing app, totally recommend.
This is a great app for things such as news articles, petitions, horrible facebook memes, interesting pictures or videos, or even some regular memes for a good laugh. However, Reddit doesn’t do a very good job of filtering through every post or comment to see if it is appropriate and follows the community’s guidelines. I had made a comment to a post on r/memes, saying “ah yes, those dang cows, always there when you least expect it.” About 3 seconds after I had posted the comment, I got a notification that read “Your comment has been removed as your account does not meet our posting requirements. You can visit....” I was very confused because I thought that the comment was appropriate for said community and did not break any of their rules. Other than that, it is very easy to use and a great way to un-bore you anywhere you are, whether it’s the doctor’s office, waiting for the bus to arrive, in the car, in your room, etc. Please download this app.
I understand the concept of rules, to prevent harassment and such, and to keep a friendly environment for people to share and discuss things. Sure. But the rules seem like they require a college course to understand and navigate. Say you need help with a build in a video game. So you post and see if someone more experienced can help you (the purpose of the app right?) and if you post to the “wrong sub” then all you’ll get is an admin telling you you they aren’t going to help you or that it’s been posted before. It’s frustrating because a sub with 500,000 members it’s gunna be hard to find the problem being solved before. Sometimes I’m the more experienced guy and I roll through a post giving answers to questions. But if there’s 2 questions in one thread that haven’t been answered, then I can’t answer but one every 8 minutes (to avoid spam of course) but it hinders the point of the whole thing, you know? So the rules and etiquette are unwritten and unspoken and seem convoluted, but are enforced with impunity and make it difficult to fulfill the purpose of the app. Kind of ridiculous. Other than that, it’s one of the top places to find answers to your questions. Also full of entertaining posts to kill time. Thanks for listening to my TED talk
- REDDIT, INC.
- 139.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Reddit, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Reddit Premium $6.99
- 1,100 Coins Package $3.99
- 1,800 Coins Package $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.