House hunting just got easier and more fun with the free Redfin Real Estate App. Search nearby homes, condos, open houses, and townhouses. Browse photos and see the most up-to-date details about your favorite homes, and instantly book a free home tour with a Redfin Real Estate Agent. Get the Redfin App and you’ll have all the power of our full-service real estate brokerage and award-winning tools at your fingertips.
Some of our most popular features:
• Accurate Home Data: Most MLS real estate listings refreshed every 5 minutes.*
• See More Homes: Redfin has more homes for sale than other real estate apps because we’re powered by the local MLS.
• Search Nearby: Instantly see all the homes, condos, and townhomes for sale near you, and get notifications when a new home that matches your criteria hits the market.
• Plan Open House Visits: Find every open house near you and get directions.
• Search by School: Search for homes near specific schools and school districts.
• Schedule Home Tours: Book free home tours with a local Redfin Real Estate Agent right from the app.
• Get a Competitive Edge: We’ll tell you which homes are likely to sell the fastest so you don’t miss out.
• Gain Exclusive Insights: Read comments about what a home is really like, written by Redfin Real Estate Agents after they tour the home.
• Search on All Your Devices: Save your favorite homes and searches to your Redfin account and access them anytime, anywhere on the app or our websites.
• Share Homes: Easily share your favorite homes via text message, email, and social media.
• Sold Home Data: Get the latest data on sale prices of nearby homes in most markets.
• Save Thousands When You Buy or Sell: We sell your home for more money than the industry average and charge a listing fee as low as 1%. When you buy with us, you'll get second-to-none-service and could save thousands in closing costs.**
*70% of new listings in US MLS feeds received by Redfin will post within 5 minutes.
**Savings vary by market and are dependent on several factors including the price of the property, the market minimum commission, and the buyer's agent commission. Representations of savings are not a guarantee or an offer from Redfin to provide a refund or savings on a specific property. Redfin reserves the right to make changes to the refund and savings calculation at any time while honoring all agreements commenced prior to any change. Refunds are not available where prohibited by law. The refund is subject to lender approval. If the transaction includes a short sale, additional restrictions may apply. The savings are not representative of Redfin partner agent transactions.
Thanks for using Redfin! This update includes a fixes for a bug that would sometimes cause your commute data not to save and a bug that would show the wrong number of filters on the search page. We also made several small design updates to the home details page and for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Pricing sort is driving me nuts!
I used to love this app but am ready to drop it just because of the pricing sort. I get it has some glitches but I can live with those. THIS glitch, I simply can’t because it affects the entire experience of looking for a home. Each time the search refreshes itself, I have to remind the app to apply the sort order I’ve already selected (Low to high pricing) because the sort is now in some Redfin preferred order. Of note - when you go to change the setting, it still says it’s in low to high pricing sort order (untrue) since the houses are not listed that way. To fix it, I have switch the order to high to low or any other sort, go back to the app to “awaken” sort , then go back again to sort settings and switch to low to high and then back again to the app for the sort to actually reset itself to my preferred sort. Using the map - Imagine you move your search 5 miles east - you have to repeat the above process again because the home results are no longer listed in low to high pricing. In one 15 min use of the app, I have to repeat this insane reawaken and reset sort order several times! It tells me the designers don’t actually use their app. Incredibly annoying especially since it used to work properly a while back!! FIX IT please!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app! Can you please email email@example.com so we can look into this further?
Have a great day!
Highly recommend to any buyers
I am buying my first home through Redfin and I always had this doubt on how the whole process is different from hiring a realtor, well the answer is simple, if you pick a realtor you will only be able to see choices they send us, and it’s more painful to have them beside you taking from one house to another and the more house you see the less patient they get.. however with Redfin the best thing I noticed was I can search all the homes listed by any realtor for free through their app and all I have to do is choose the location where I need my house and all lists pulls up automatically, once you select the house you will have a person from Redfin who will take you for the tour and they don’t get tired at all.. second best thing is Having Erick grande beside you, a person whom you can rely on and he has options for any troubles.. saying this Redfin provides you a deal money that you can use at the end of closing, I would recommend this app to anyone I know or would recommend to any buyers who had trouble buying their dream house
To the developer: can you please make it more difficult to “unheart” favorites? I’ve now had multiple instances of accidentally “unhearting” favorites while scrolling through them. The heart is located right where a right-handed person would naturally scroll when still trying to be able to see the picture list. Because I’m searching four counties and over multiple months, I can’t always remember exactly where each house is located, particularly if it’s a new favorite. And searching by street name (if I remember it) is ineffectual. There are then literally hundreds of houses that I have to individually search back through to find the favorite. Maybe remove the “unheartable” heart from the scrolling list (so that you have to click on the entry to get to the clickable heart)? When it’s on our favorites list, it’s not like having that heart there adds anything. Or add a “are you sure” pop up? Otherwise, this app has been awesome in helping me keep track of the market as I get ready to purchase. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.