Explore space with the multiple award-winning professional planetarium software, Redshift.
View the night sky in unparalleled clarity, travel right through our galaxy and beyond, and look at planets, moons, asteroids, nebulae and other celestial bodies from close range. Explore the night sky from any desired viewpoint on the Earth or from moons and planets, travel into the past or into the future and discover first hand everything about stars, planets and other celestial bodies – Redshift introduces you to endless possibilities on your excursion through space.
Keep an eye on important celestial events with the help of the celestial calendar and experience these events simultaneously from different perspectives. Control your telescope with the help of Redshift and plan your sky observations using the individually customizable observation planner.
• Comprehensive Planetarium for realistic real-time calculation of celestial bodies of our galaxy in accordance with the latest research results
• Over 2.5 million stars, 1 million fascinating Deep Sky objects, 700,000 small planets, 2,000 known comets, all planets, dwarf planets and moons, as well as stars with exoplanets and known novae/supernovae
• Impressive 3D-displays from more than 100 celestial objects
• 3D-flights between and around planets, their moons, stars, Deep Sky objects, galaxies and the Milky Way
• Land on planets and moons, as well as getting a view of space from their surfaces
• Display of the surface characteristics of the Earth’s moon and planets
• Extensive astronomical data for each celestial object
• Comprehensive lexicon of astronomy
• 25 interactive guided tours with informative pictures, videos and animations
• Solar eclipse maps, as well as maps of satellite passes
• Sky calendar and comprehensive, customizable observation planner
• Telescope controls for all Meade and Celestron telescopes (with the exception of the currently not publicly released telescope control “Celestron NexStar Evolution”)
• Simultaneous display of a celestial event from different perspectives in the Multi-Window mode
• “On the fly” download of the current Gaia Super-catalogue with one billion stars
• State-of-the-art orbit data for satellites, comets and asteroids, as well as the addition of new discoveries through the Live-Update function
• Editing tool for the manual amendment of the databank
• Extensive time interval of 15,000 years (4713 BC to 9999 AD)
• Numerous panoramas and sound backgrounds, as well as Day/Night mode
• Exact numerical integration of the movement of asteroids and comets
• Five base coordinate systems
• Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Japanese
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to email@example.com
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: www.redshift-live.com
or visit us on facebook.com/redshiftplanetariumsoftware
Some smaller tweaks and optimizations make the app even better!
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Great to finally have an update to Redshift
My only disappointment, and it is very minor, is that it does not include ‘Oumuamua yet. It is possible to add new objects to this version of Redshift, but it does not yet have the appropriate parameters to describe this new category of objects, such as specifying a hyperbolic “orbit”.
Update 2: Not sure exactly what changed (os update or such) but the app has now been reliably working with the ‘last session’ setting across app restarts and reboots.
Update: I have noticed the same issue as another reviewer where settings (home location, constellation, orbit, downloaded objects) are discarded when the app closes or crashes.
As a minor aesthetics issue, please get rid of the splash screen, it is most un-mac-like…
Hi Sceadugenga, thank you very much for the feedback. We'll think about the improvements you suggested. Concerning the settings issue, please contact our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
One thing I want from a program like this is to be able to dump the fake horizon that the programmers thoughtfully (ha!) provide and substitute it with something less obnoxious. (As if I want to see the “horizon" of NewYork City every friggin’ time I open it.) But guess what — THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO DO THAT as far as I can tell. I set the preferences to include a different horizon, close the app and reopen it, and there’s friggin’ NYC again!!! I tried saving a file and setting the app to open using that file, but that didn’t work either.
This program fails the simplest test of usability. WORSE - there are no menus. All the controls are hidden in cutsey little icons. Wasted money!
Dear John-MD, you can easily set the app to open using a customized preferences file: Please go to Configure > Preferences > Startup Sky submenu. Select the 'Last session' option from there (instead of the 'Default' option). Now all settings from your previous Redshift session should be applied upon the next launch of the app. If you need some more help with resolving the issues you mentioned, please contact our support team via email@example.com.
I absolutely love it.
- United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- 1.3 GB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich. ™ The RedShift Brand is a registered trademark of Maris Technologies Ltd. Copyright Maris Technologies 1993-2008
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.