Planets, moons, and stars - when you’re exploring our galaxy with Redshift Sky Pro, no celestial body remains hidden in the darkness of the night. The app takes you to a whole new level of astronomy. Discover fascinating celestial objects and learn more about them in the Redshift database. See what’s going on in the sky tonight or travel through time and watch how the constellations change in the sky.
Redshift Sky Pro is your tool and knowledge base when it comes to cosmic objects.
• With the award-winning planetarium, you get over 100,000 stars, 10,000 spectacular deep-sky objects, and thousands of other celestial objects
• Explore fascinating 3D models of the planets, moons, asteroids, and many deep-sky objects
• Land on the planets and moons and see the sky from there
• Take breath-taking spaceflights to distant galaxies and colorful nebulae
• Use augmented reality to merge your environment with the Redshift sky view
• Get the latest data for satellites, comets, and asteroids via the free update service
• Get comprehensive scientific data about the celestial objects, as well as their position, transit, and visibility
• Travel through time and watch the constellations change in the sky
• “Today’s Night Sky” and “My Favorites” show you what’s going on in the sky tonight
• Use the sky calendar to plan your observations of solar and lunar eclipses
• Take advantage of numerous sky view settings, including the “Night View” option
• Enjoy 25 interesting and instructive chapters of “Discover Astronomy”
• Share your most spectacular Redshift experiences via iMessage
• Let your Apple Watch help you watch the sky
You want to use Redshift as a professional tool for your telescope control?
Extend the app with the professional subscription Redshift Sky Ultimate and get one of the most powerful planetariums on your device. Configure your own special sky view, find your perfect observation target among millions of celestial objects in no time, steer your telescope easily to the target object, make fascinating journeys into space, and experience the heavenly bodies up close.
Features of Redshift Sky Ultimate:
• Take advantage of the huge database of more than 2,500,000 stars and 70,000 spectacular deep-sky objects
• Get online access to more than one billion stars from the USNO-B1.0 and GAIA DR2 catalogues
• Plan your perfect starry night with the powerful sky calendar and the exact location and visibility data of your favorites
• Control your Meade or Celestron telescope (except the Celestron NexStar Evolution series) with the app
• Get notified and do not miss any important celestial event
• Create as many different views of the sky as you want, and email them to friends or reopen them in Redshift
• The professional solar eclipse map displays the exact path of the Moon’s shadow across the Earth’s surface
• Discover fascinating supernova explosions and hidden exoplanets
• Use numerical integration to calculate the exact trajectories of asteroids and comets
• Choose your exact landing site on a planet or moon, and watch the sky from there
• Track the exact trajectory of satellites above the Earth in the Redshift Control Center
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: redshiftsky.com
Some smaller tweaks and optimizations make the app even better!
Ratings and Reviews
The Good & Bad
This is my favorite astronomy app, I’v been using it for years now and I just love how in depth you can go when you travel to near by stars and galaxy it’s incredible to me that they have mapped this much space and actually have been able to calculate every star and galaxy to real live time, you can even travel in the future like I think 100 years ? Maybe more then that, I’v used this app many times to check out a reported close encounters with certain meteorites that were reported by nasa or main stream media outlets and it’s fun to see how they project it’s trajectory. I’m not even an astronomer I just love to learn about space. I don’t like though that you guys keep upgrading all the versions cause I’v purchased the $50 one and the older $20 app and to be honest im not too excited if you guys are switching to subscription instead that would bum me out and lose me as a customer maybe if it’s a $1.99 a month idk. Still, Love this product love the app definitely 5 Star rating and incredible work mapping and documenting everything you have been able to discover or help discover 👍🏼!
Since last update however none of the information is accurate. Keeps telling me that the sun rises at 12 noon and there is no setpoint. Keep saying the moon is 98% full and rising although we are waning and just before half. When I hit reset to current location everything goes black except for the orbits. Best of all, when I hit follow the sky, I get a pop-up telling me that follow the sky only works when I am on earth. 😦
Update. I got in touch with the developer and they told me to delete it and reinstall. Ever since then it has worked out fabulously. Exactly what I remember it to be and more.
Still the Same!
Great app... wish it wasn’t so expensive.... but I had RedSky when I had it on my “computer” loaded by “floppy disk.” This updated version that allows real-time sky following on a mobile phone is excellent. I really recommend that educators use this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi TARDIS75, thank you very much for the great feedback!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich. ™ The RedShift Brand is a registered trademark of Maris Technologies Ltd. © Maris Technologies 1993-2021.
- In-App Purchases
- Redshift Sky Ultimate $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.