RedZone Weather provides weather info for Alabama and northwest Florida in a personal and easy-to-understand way by a meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama. Severe weather coverage is provided through live video and audio streaming. Whether our local weather is good or bad, you can check out daily weather videos, local events, and pertinent weather discussions.
The RedZone Weather app includes:
- Customized RedZone Weather notifications, so you can opt-in to what you want to know about concerning our local weather or events. No more waiting to see it on social media! The best part is you get to pick what notifications you want to receive.
- Dedicated streams for our live video AND audio streaming during severe weather events that affect our coverage area in south Alabama and northwest Florida. We now offer live streaming AUDIO coverage for people that may want a choice between video and audio. We specifically designed this with places that may have poor cellular coverage in mind.
- Your local forecast, generated by Meteorologist Spinks Megginson. This is NOT raw model output statistics that you'll often see in most weather apps. This is curated content posted by a trained meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama.
- Interactive Radar so you can see NEXRAD radar data from across the continental United States.
Join the rapidly growing RedZone Weather community today by downloading our newly updated app!
Version 3.1.1 fixes several bugs.
Thank you for using the RedZone Weather app! What's new in Version 3.0?
• NEW! Totally redesigned, simplified way to capture photos and videos in the Share tab. You can also upload weather photos and videos from your Photo Library.
• NEW! Added a "notification setup wizard" the first time you start the app. Existing users and new users must go through the intuitive, simple wizard to confirm the alerts you want to receive.
• NEW! All new Alerts tab that displays a list of active, handcrafted alerts disseminated by RedZone Weather Meteorologist Spinks Megginson.
• NEW! Hyperlocal Alerts option allows for your device to receive pertinent news and weather information specifically for your immediate vicinity.
• Added ability to take photos and videos in landscape mode.
• Clean, new red and white app icon.
• Daily Forecast Alerts now work properly when enabled.
Ratings and Reviews
If you live in NW FL or SW AL - get this app.
Living in Dixie Alley can be scary. Especially when bad storms roll through in the middle of the night and you get woken up at 2am by a screeching tornado alarm on your phone. That's not cool. But when that does happen - you want the most up to date local weather info and you want it right then. This app is specifically meant for those of us who live in Northwest Florida and Southwest/Coastal Alabama. If you're saying "hey that's me!" then go ahead and download this app. It will certainly come in handy when that scary moment at 2am arrives - trust me. If you're a weather nerd or a veteran of the quickly-changing Gulf Coast weather like me - generally the first thing you look for is the doppler radar map to see what your neighborhood is in for and whether or not you can go back to sleep. This app has a really good, animated, very detailed local doppler radar map that will help you to make that decision. It also has a weather livestream that you can turn on and watch if things get really dicey - no cable needed. Definitely one of the few apps I keep handy on my phone's homescreen.
Spinks is all we need in the Florida panhandle for weather. He stays with us the entire time on face book and doesn’t leave us hanging wondering what is going on. He and his team are A+ in my book. I’m feel blessed to have found him on FB. He got me thru a bad storm a couple years ago when a tornado came through Pace Fl. Straight line winds did a lot of damage to my property and everyone in my subdivision. I would have had a breakdown in Milton had it not been for Spinks being on FB.
Raising The Bar
This app is what I would expect coming from the crew at RedZone Weather. My expectations for a weather app are high enough as it is and I have been let down many times. However, when it comes to providing an accurate forecast with a detailed coverage analysis that you can trust, RedZone meets and exceeds those expectations time and time again.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RedZone Group, LLC
- 26.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © @ 2022 - RedZone Group, LLC