RedZone Weather provides weather info for Alabama and northwest Florida in a personal and easy-to-understand way by a meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama. Severe weather coverage is provided through live video and audio streaming. Whether our local weather is good or bad, you can check out daily weather videos, local events, and pertinent weather discussions.
The RedZone Weather app includes:
- Customized RedZone Weather notifications, so you can opt-in to what you want to know about concerning our local weather or events. No more waiting to see it on social media! The best part is you get to pick what notifications you want to receive.
- Dedicated streams for our live video AND audio streaming during severe weather events that affect our coverage area in south Alabama and northwest Florida. We now offer live streaming AUDIO coverage for people that may want a choice between video and audio. We specifically designed this with places that may have poor cellular coverage in mind.
- Your local forecast, generated by Meteorologist Spinks Megginson. This is NOT raw model output statistics that you'll often see in most weather apps. This is curated content posted by a trained meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama.
- Interactive Radar so you can see NEXRAD radar data from across the continental United States.
Join the rapidly growing RedZone Weather community today by downloading our newly updated app!
Thank you for using RedZone Weather! What's new in Version 2.5?
• Redesigned Alerts tab, clarifying expectations for specific weather alerts. Visit the Alerts tab (lower right corner of app), read the clarified alert information, then tap on yellow “Alert Settings” button to customize alerts you want to receive from Spinks.
• Added new “Weather Toolbox” section in the app menu, including Days 1-3 SPC Convective Outlooks and NHC Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook.
• Added “Presentation Request” page in app menu.
• Updated RedZone Weather header logo.
• Fixed rare issue when using iPhone XS & XS Max that caused top menu bar to render improperly.
• Other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Raising The Bar
This app is what I would expect coming from the crew at RedZone Weather. My expectations for a weather app are high enough as it is and I have been let down many times. However, when it comes to providing an accurate forecast with a detailed coverage analysis that you can trust, RedZone meets and exceeds those expectations time and time again.
Spinks is the absolute best!
It doesn’t matter how many hours Spinks has been working, if severe weather hits our area, he is on top of it. He’s so dedicated. I know there are days he’s went without sleep so he could keep us informed up to the minute. I’m so glad to be local to the greatest meteorologist!
RZWeather is probably the most accurate weather app I have. It is constantly updated and gives the most reliable forecast. I know when I open the app I am going to get the most updated information available. The ease of use is also amazing! Love this app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RedZone Group, LLC
- 38 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © @ 2019 - RedZone Group, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.