Reflection for UNIX is THE enterprise-class terminal client for UNIX and Linux system administrators on the go. A range of connectivity and terminal types are provided including both SSH and telnet, allowing you to connect to any UNIX or Linux host with Attachmate’s industry-leading terminal emulation technology. Looking for a replacement for an SSH client with a poor user experience? Reflection for UNIX can help you get the job done.
** Recent Enhancements **
- iCloud Sync (via in-app purchase)
- Task/macro automation (via in-app purchase)
- Touch ID support
- IPv6 support
- Application PIN-Lock
- iPhone landscape mode
- iCloud Sync enables you to store Reflection configurations in the cloud
- Tasks support provides automation of processes via record and playback
- Touch ID support – Fingerprint recognition for protecting your systems with your thumb
- Application PIN-Lock - 4 digit hexadecimal pin code providing 64k combinations
- Auto sizing option with pinch/zoom gesture
- ConnectBox for quick access to your UNIX/Linux servers
- Multiple SSH authentication methods
- Multiple simultaneous terminal connections
- Configurable KeyBar for quick access to common administrator keys
- Configurable colors
- VT52, VT100, VT220, VT320, VT320 and XTERM terminal types supported
- Key generation (RSA and DSA)
- Private key import
- Easy uploading of users’ public keys to SSH servers
- Key exchange methods: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1, diffie-hellman-group14-sha1, diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
- Hostkey types: ssh-rsa, ssh-dss
- Ciphers: aes256-cbc, aes192-cbc, aes128-cbc, 3des-cbc, blowfish-cbc, cast128-cbc, arcfour, none
On the roadmap and subject to change:
- UTF-8 support
- xterm color scheme support
At Micro Focus we help you run and transform your business. Driven by customer-centric innovation, our software provides the critical tools you need to build, operate, secure, and analyze the enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies – which means you can innovate faster, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation.
Let us know what you think. You can email us at email@example.com
For more information on Reflection for UNIX, please visit https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/reflection-mobile/overview
- Support for iOS 14.
- Minimum supported iOS version is now 11.0 (changed from 8.0).
- Improved support for Dark Mode.
- Text is now visible in fields where text was previously invisible (white on white).
- Application crashes now reported by App Center (switched from HockeyApp).
Ratings and Reviews
This one WAS the best! Bummer
This one was definitely the best of all the ssh terminal clients in the App Store, but it’s lately been left to fend for itself in the cold. Now they want in-app purchases for just about anything useful. It used to be the best but now is just middle of the pack. I’m sad, because now I’m going to be looking around. I've tried them all including prompt and server auditor, and both didn’t hold a candle to this one. Probably the best feature is the use of Touch ID for logging into servers and making connections. I hope they decide to bring this back to its previous glory.
Reflections for IPad YES!!!
I’m not a “power iPad user”; I type with my index fingers, not my thumbs. I don’t “swipe” or “gesture”. But I certainly prefer cracking open my iPad to unpacking, booting, &c my laptop, and this application lets me make that choice.
And it supports multiple session windows! On iPad!
I use it to manage client Unix and mixed-OS server sites and my own servers, as well as to work on my Macs, from anywhere—-but pretty often, while sitting in bed! It has everything one needs in a terminal client—-INCLUDING TELNET. In the real world, however insecure it may be, telnet remains extremely prevalent. Legacy systems and fire walled restricted access LANs still depend on it.
So you get telnet, ssh, and all the solid Reflections bells and whistles. It isn’t free or cheap, but it is top-notch. I hope the suite is ported to OS/X, so I can share configurable across platform.
Five Stars for being exactly what it is supposed to be, and supporting multiple session windows. I don’t compare products to others in reviews. I imagine you’ll look at several products and decide for yourself. This is the best professional level terminal client for the iPad as I use them (for Systems Consulting).
Best ssh app since iSSH was killed by Apple!
I fear that I incorrectly castigated this app, having mistaken it for another crappy one. This is the best ssh app for iOS, and for a one time $10 I’m happy to support the developers. I just wish that terminal colors were fully RGB adjustable. I’m very picky about my screens matching system to color, and HOT MAGENTA is the closest I can get here. :-(
Oh, and 3min timeout on connections is absurd. Apple allows 10 minutes. Please give us at least that, so I don’t have to script screen session reconnects.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Attachmate Corporation
- 62.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Attachmate Corporation, a Micro Focus company.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.