- Support for iOS 13
- Support for iPadOS 13
- Barcode scanning now preserves multiple dashes in scanned data
Improvements made in response to customer input:
- Enhanced the user experience when configuring with combo boxes. This fix allows users to easily choose an option in a drop-down list.
- Increased the accuracy and functionality for scanning barcodes with multiple dashes while using a Bluetooth barcode scanner.
- iOS 13 introduced the Dark Mode theme. In Dark Mode, Reflection sometimes displays white text on a white background. The workaround is to use Light Mode (default setting).
- iOS 13 introduced QuickPath for faster data entry into applications. QuickPath works with all Reflection input fields, but with the host screen results in only the last character of the word being input.
- When multitasking on an iPad, Reflection will not open directly in split view. To use Reflection in split view on an iPad, launch Reflection prior to entering split view mode.
- When using the slide over gesture on iPad Pro, Reflection must be opened/running prior to entering the slide over view.
- Tab key doesn't work in the Identities dialog when using an external keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
This one WAS the best! Bummer
This one was definitely the best of all the ssh terminal clients in the App Store, but it’s lately been left to fend for itself in the cold. Now they want in-app purchases for just about anything useful. It used to be the best but now is just middle of the pack. I’m sad, because now I’m going to be looking around. I've tried them all including prompt and server auditor, and both didn’t hold a candle to this one. Probably the best feature is the use of Touch ID for logging into servers and making connections. I hope they decide to bring this back to its previous glory.
Reflections for IPad YES!!!
I’m not a “power iPad user”; I type with my index fingers, not my thumbs. I don’t “swipe” or “gesture”. But I certainly prefer cracking open my iPad to unpacking, booting, &c my laptop, and this application lets me make that choice.
And it supports multiple session windows! On iPad!
I use it to manage client Unix and mixed-OS server sites and my own servers, as well as to work on my Macs, from anywhere—-but pretty often, while sitting in bed! It has everything one needs in a terminal client—-INCLUDING TELNET. In the real world, however insecure it may be, telnet remains extremely prevalent. Legacy systems and fire walled restricted access LANs still depend on it.
So you get telnet, ssh, and all the solid Reflections bells and whistles. It isn’t free or cheap, but it is top-notch. I hope the suite is ported to OS/X, so I can share configurable across platform.
Five Stars for being exactly what it is supposed to be, and supporting multiple session windows. I don’t compare products to others in reviews. I imagine you’ll look at several products and decide for yourself. This is the best professional level terminal client for the iPad as I use them (for Systems Consulting).
Best ssh app since iSSH was killed by Apple!
I fear that I incorrectly castigated this app, having mistaken it for another crappy one. This is the best ssh app for iOS, and for a one time $10 I’m happy to support the developers. I just wish that terminal colors were fully RGB adjustable. I’m very picky about my screens matching system to color, and HOT MAGENTA is the closest I can get here. :-(
Oh, and 3min timeout on connections is absurd. Apple allows 10 minutes. Please give us at least that, so I don’t have to script screen session reconnects.
- Attachmate Corporation
- 106.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Attachmate Corporation, a Micro Focus company.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.