Refracto is a user friendly tool for homebrewers that will help you to convert your refractometer measurements during a fermentation process from °Brix to SG or °Plato. It automatically compensates the alcohol effect during fermentation of your beer.
To use Refracto simply swipe to enter your original refractometer reading (from before fermentation) and the result of a current measurement. Refracto then immediately computes the following values:
- Original gravity
- Final gravity (apparent and actual)
- Attenuation (apparent and real)
- Alcohol by volume
At any time you can switch between four different modes of computation:
- Kleier (a modernized version of the Standard formula)
- Linear formula according Sean Terrill
- Cubic formula according Sean Terrill
- In addition to this App you will also need a Refractometer with a Brix-scale.
- The supported input range for refractometer readings is 0 to 32 °Bx.
Bug fixes and improvements for iOS 13 compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Well made and *_TINY_*
At 569 Kbytes, this is a purpose built tool for brewers of all stripes. It also supports multiple algorithms for conversion and the scale values are persistent from one execution to the next (which is GREAT if you are tracking a fermentation). Simple to use and easy to calibrate if you have both a Hydrometer and a Refractometer to plug in the correction factor. The dual theme GUI (light and dark) is a plus as well.
This app works really good and I’m taking small samples with a pipette to get a gravity number with a digital refractometer I quickly do the calculation and I’m only using 5 mL of beer.
Thanks for making it easy to make these calculation.
- Michael Schmidt
- 1.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Michael Schmidt
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.