The soccer referee app that combines timer, notebook and performance tracking into a single, easy-to-use app, which you can use on your smartwatch or phone, letting you concentrate on the match.
- Add matches and rosters on your iPhone
- Create matches for 5-a-side to 11-a-side football
- Choose half length from 5 mins to 45 mins as well as the half time interval
- Select if the match has extra time or penalties
- Create templates of matches for different competitions
- Add lineups for the game
- Record match incidents in game on your smartwatch or phone
- Record temporary dismissals (sin-bins) and be notified when the time is completed
- Continuous timer, additional time timer and half time timer
- Record injury time with a tap of the screen
- Optionally record goal scorers
- See all match incidents on your phone after the match
- See your total distance covered
- Track your fitness through the Apple Health and Activity apps
- When you receive your matches you can add them into the iPhone app
- On match day, select the match, add rosters and send to your smartwatch or phone
- During the match you can record all of the key match incidents including goals, cards and substitutions as well as track the game time and injury time
- After the match you can view a match report on your phone
- The results page automatically updates giving you a running record of all of your matches
REFSIX PRO is the advanced version of REFSIX that gives you enhanced analysis of your performance with the ability to see:
- Your positioning on a heatmap
- The location of your cards on the pitch
- Your heart rate through the match
- The distance covered in each half as well as every 5 minutes
- View distance of walking, running, jogging and sprinting
- View season and career statistics screen including average cards given per match
REFSIX PRO also gives you even more functionality. With REFSIX PRO you'll get every feature in the free tier as well as the ability to:
- Choose up to 3 timers from countup, countdown, elapsed and additional timers
- Select team colours
- Referee games with quarters
REFSIX PRO is available with a monthly or annual subscription (price available in-app). You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renew may be turned off after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
Terms of service: https://refsix.com/terms-conditions/
+ Can I use REFSIX without a smartwatch?
Yes, you can use your phone in a match if you don’t have a compatible smartwatch.
+ Do I need my phone with me while refereeing a match if I’m using a smartwatch?
No, we’ve designed the app to work in such a way you only need your smartwatch with you on the pitch. You can sync data between your iPhone and smartwatch before and after the match.
+ Do I need access to wi-fi or an internet connection?
No, on match day no internet connection is necessary.
+ What if I don't receive teamsheets before a game?
No problem, you can simply select player numbers without player names.
Add your own notes to any match result.
UI improvement for 38mm and 42mm Apple Watches that cannot update to WatchOS 6.
PRO: Matches can now have a single period.
You can duplicate a fixture from the edit menu.
Added misconduct codes for Australia Capital Football & Scotland 2019.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent book replacement!
Update: this app continues to improve, including better visibility and eliminating the need to enter rosters in advance. I’m up past 100 games, and it’s my go-to in all kinds of weather. The REFSIX team is very responsive to suggestions as well.
I’ve used the app for a dozen games and am very satisfied, though as others have pointed out, it’s most useful when you can get a roster well ahead of kick off. I’ve found that knowing I’m going to see my running stats and heat map has improved my coverage including going deeper into the corners and PA. A couple of additional features would have me thrilled: (1) a way to import and save/edit rosters for future games, 2) a way to export the game data (.txt, .csv) to make electronic game report submissions easier., and 3) an option for making voice annotations for game incidents (e.g., injuries, cards). But for $6/month I’ll definitely keep using it!
Love everything but not perfect
I love everything about this app!!! However there are a few key fixtures that I would like to have added.
First will be in line with Fitness history. I would love to see an average distance ran per match to include total career distance. Heart rate should also be included in that fitness data as such approx calorie expenditure.
Second would be the heat map. Though it is a great idea... I would like to be able to move the map circle. Currently the imagery is not very accurate and I have to guess where to place my points for the heat map.
My only gripe with the heatmap is that I do not believe it is very accurate. Within the stats I tend to see missing times in between the distance covered and total distance covered. My Fitbit tells me I cover approx 5.5 miles per game, but the red six will tell me 2.5Km (less than 2 miles). Significant drop off. Additionally the stats for the walking/jogging is also inaccurate. Normally I only walk during stoppages, so to say most of movement is walking is incorrect.
A way to take a picture and have the names automatically inputted it would be a sure fire way to bring this app over the top!!!
I’m still waiting to try out this new version release.....
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to feedback. A significant difference in the distance like that can suggest that your Location permissions aren't set correctly. Please ensure REFSIX has 'Always' location permission, if not when the watch screen goes off it may stop recording. Feel free to contact us through the app feedback page if you need any more help.
Throw your book away!
I’ve been using this app for a couple years now and it just keeps getting better. The developers actually listen to the users and make improvements regularly. The amount of data you can extrapolate from this app is like no other and I’ve used every referee app out there. I’m sure as the Smartwatches continue to evolve this app will be even better to use on the pitch. Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Hi Jayl8n, thanks for the feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the app so far.
1 - Is in our backlog and we hope to add this functionality at some point in the new year.
2 - Currently you can do this by going to Match Log and clicking on the incident - which will delete it. We may look at making this even easier in the future too.
3 - Again something on our roadmap
Thanks for your continued support. If you have any follow up questions or feedback please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com
- REFSIX Ltd
- 63.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 REFSIX Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- REFSIX PRO Subscription $64.99
- REFSIX PRO Subscription $6.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.