Turn your Apple Watch into the ultimate sailing watch - now supporting watchOS 4 !
Make the perfect start when sailboat racing, using this ISAF compliant countdown timer with sync function.
The default countdown timer is the 5 minutes start sequence (ISAF 184.108.40.206), but you can change the sequence easily just by changing the countdown time to 4, 3, 2 or 1 minute.
During the countdown to the start signal, alert beeps are played on the Apple Watch each minute & ‘taps on your wrist’ inform you how much time is left until the start signal (be sure to keep your screen on!)
Did you miss the initial warning signal by a couple of seconds ? No problem: just use the sync function at the next warning signal and the countdown timer will synchronise with the racing committee timer. The sync function is always 'sync down' - even if you were a full minute 'late', you can sync at the next signal with a press on the sync button.
Are you not sure how many minutes you are from the start signal ? Just check if the flags on the racing committee boat are corresponding with the flags on your screen.
It is not necessary that your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone: the app runs natively on Apple Watch.
Regatta Timer Watch is integrated with the native Apple ‘Health’ & ‘Activity’ apps: your entire sailing time is saved as a ‘sailing workout session’ and will contribute to your activity goals (requires that you authorize the app to collect Health/Workout data).
Although Regatta Timer Watch is optimised for Apple Watch, you can also use it with only an iPhone: Apple Watch is optional.
Happy Sailing !
* By default, your Apple Watch screen will dim after 15 seconds, but you can increase the wake time to 70 seconds when tapping on the screen: adjust this in the settings of your Apple Watch (Settings > General > Wake Screen > On Tap > Wake for 70 seconds). Keep your screen alive by tapping it - or raising your wrist.
* When using Regatta Timer Watch for the first time on your Apple Watch, you will be prompted to authorize the app to collect Health/Workout data. You do this by opening Regatta Timer on your iPhone and allowing Regatta Timer to collect health/fitness data in the popup screen ("Allow all"). By allowing this, your entire sailing time - as long as the timer is running - will then be saved as a ‘sailing workout session’ that contributes to your activity goals. The 'sailing workout sessions' are logged in the Apple Watch native Activity app.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Update for iOS 11 / watchOS 4
Regatta Timer Watch takes advantage of the improvements in watchOS 4: in countdown mode, Regatta Timer Watch now keeps playing beeps & haptics each minute (and each ten seconds in the final minute), even when the screen is dimmed (requires watchOS4).
Ratings and Reviews
Fair Regatta timer with potential
Wish I could say I like this app. I use it regularly because it’s the only Apple Watch regatta time I’ve found…
-It counts down…
-You can change the number of count down minutes
-you can sync down by minute
But, I think this is very basic.
-The app kicks you back to the your watch Home Screen when you tap the Stop button. Very frustrating after a general recall and you find you need to restart your app while maneuvering through the fleet to back to the start line…
-lag time from when you raise you watch to look at the time and when the app “updates”.
-lock mode? I find on occasion I’ve inadvertently touched my watch face and the app is closed…
-count down to a specified time (pursuit racing).
In a nut shell: it works but lacks some very basic features.
Ok as a back-up
Many things I like about app. Like the display of signal flags. Like ability to sync. On iPhones it is fairly simple. More complicated on Apple Watch. It only does count-down-count-up. Would like to see count-down-repeat (we do rolling starts, multi-fleets). Needs beeps for last five seconds of each minute. This gives a better chance to sync at even minutes. Jury still out, still learning to use app. Ok as a back-up. Three stars. Will re-evaluate at a later date. October 2018.
Really good. ALMOST fantastic.
Developer Suggestion: Please update to fix the following issue with 3 min starts.
In preparation for the first (3min) signal, I sync down to 3min and press start when the horn sounds. But if I sync down to 3min, and then lower my arm or the screen times out, when i raise my arm and wake the screen again the timer has reset to 5. Please make my chosen time stick even if the screen turns off before I hit start.
Otherwise love it. Haptics are great. Would just love that 3 min fix.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 3.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Digitmedia
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.