National Park Trail Guide is your comprehensive guide to hiking and site seeing in our National Parks.
• Currently packing complete trail data and hike descriptions for many of your favorite National Parks, including life-list destinations like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Teton, Mount Rainier, Point Reyes, Rocky Mountain, Zion, Acadia and many more!
• Search for hikes using the map or a park's “best of” list curated through star rankings from the community.
• Never get lost again! See your live position on a terrain or satellite map and vertical profile
• No cell signal needed. The data is available offline, and your phone uses its built-in GPS to show your location.
• Plan the perfect trip for you, using our hike difficulty ratings, elevation profiles, star ratings, and informed insights on seasons, camping and lodging, guided tours, food and drink, and more.
• Traveling with kids? We have an expert-selected list of Family Friendly Hikes. Want to target the park’s most beautiful features? View our list of Gems.
• Other cool features: Create a to-do list, track your hikes, or send your exact location to help in case of emergency.
• The app is completely free--it’s our gift to you as part of the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This release contains bug fixes and some usability enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best hiking app!
I cannot say enough about how great this app is. I just hiked Grand Canyon rim to rim and used this all along the way. Clearly there is no service in the canyon but the app still worked and showed us all along the way exactly where we were. We were able also to navigate to side hikes and know we were on course. We threw out paper maps and just used my phone for this app. After the Grand Canyon we went to Bryce NP and were sore so not wanting to do big hikes so we just focused on seeing the gems rei suggestions and they were all amazing. Thank you rei for a great app!
So much better than I thought!
Really like this app! So useful with being able to find hikes offline and seeing where you’re at. The location is pretty darn accurate. I also really like how it tells you the elevation and mileage at various points of the hikes. Also so nice that you can add hikes to your “to do” list and then mark them as complete when you’ve done it!
Some things that would be great to improve/add. One is there may be some glitch with adding “Gems” to your Completed list, it won’t let you for some reason. And it’d be great if the map can overlay the hikes you’ve already done so it’s easy to see where you’ve been, plus just would be super cool to look at
best app; will have used in 20+ NPs
I’ve never left a review anywhere before, but I had to say that I used this app for all my hikes on a national park road trip and it is so useful, especially in parks due to low/no service and data. The hikes and gems descriptions are so helpful, and I can see the profile, current position on my hike, the grade, etc all within the app with no internet. The my list function is a little finicky, and I wish you could just see a map of only the things you want to do, but this app is still so worth it.
- Adventure Projects Inc.
- 136.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Adventure Projects Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.