The REI Co-op World Mastercard App gives you access to apply for and manage your card.
• 5% back at REI, even on sale items(1)
• 1% back on everyday purchases(2)
• On top of your REI member dividend (typically 10%)(3)
• Earn an REI gift card when you apply for, activate, and make a purchase with your new REI Co-op World MasterCard(4)
Only REI members are eligible to apply for the REI Co-op World Mastercard. Not an REI member? A lifetime membership is $20. See an REI sales specialist, go to REI.com or call 1-800-426-4840.
We may change APRs, fees and other Account terms in the future based on your experience with U.S. Bank National Association and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.
Account must be open and in good standing to earn and redeem rewards and benefits. Upon approval, please refer to your Cardmember Agreement for additional information.
1. 5% back applies to REI net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) including full-price and discount-price items, REI gift cards, services, fees and REI Adventures-invoiced trip payments.
2. 1% back applies to non-REI eligible net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) only. Non-Purchase transactions, including cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, and other advance transactions as defined in the Cardmember Agreement, as well as interest charges and fees, do not qualify.
The 5% and 1% rewards are distributed with your member dividend annually.
REI Co-op World Mastercard rewards are offered to cardholders in accordance with the card’s terms, but are mentioned as parts of a dividend because they are paid at the same time as your normal member dividend.
3. 10% member dividend is typical but not guaranteed. Your member dividend is based on eligible net purchases, which exclude REI Outlet items, sale, clearance items, discounted items, gift cards, REI Adventures trips, REI Outdoor School classes and outings, service fees (ex. rentals, labor), membership fee, postage, event tickets, passes or registrations, government agencies and sales tax.
4. REI gift card offer information: To receive this one-time REI gift card, you must apply for an REI Co-op World Mastercard and, if approved, make a purchase with your new REI Co-op World Mastercard within 60 days of account opening. Purchase requirement is met by purchases only; advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, interest charges, fees, credit insurance charges, or transactions to fund certain prepaid card products are not eligible. Six to eight weeks after purchase, the REI gift card will be sent to the primary applicant’s address. The offer is subject to credit card approval and your new REI Co-op World Mastercard account must be open and in good standing at the time of fulfillment to receive the REI gift card. This gift card offer is available only to new REI Co-op World Mastercard Accounts booked through this special offer.
Existing and previous REI Co-op World Mastercard cardmembers are not eligible for this offer.
The REI Co-op World Mastercard® Mobile app is free to download. Your mobile carrier may charge access fees depending upon your individual plan. Web access is needed to use the Mobile app. Check with your carrier for specific fees and charges.
The creditor and issuer of the REI Co-op World Mastercard® is U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard Incorporated.
© 2018 U.S. Bank
© 2018 Recreational Equipment, Inc. All rights reserved
Your privacy and security are important to U.S. Bank and we are committed to protecting your information. Learn more at www.usbank.com/privacy
Virtual card art update
Ratings and Reviews
Do No Bother Installing
There are some serious problems with REI’s store check out system, alerts on the use of this card, timely posting of purchases at the REI store to my account and the failure of fingerprint login. Used the card at a REI store on Friday and received text messages for two purchases, only made one. This is the second time this has happened. By Sunday nothing had posted to the app so I wait, wait, wait. Not worth the headaches, when the Capital One card in my wallet provides more benefits and a better app experience.
Edit: we are now Monday afternoon and the Friday transactions are still not showing up. Since the text messages from the app indicate two charges rather than one and an incorrect total, it is disconcerting that the updating is sooooo slow and one cannot confirm transactions.
I go through quite a few credit cards, and therefore quite a few credit card apps, and this is by far the most frustrating and hardest to use app i’ve dealt with so far! It’s super hard to find things on the app like making a payment, some of it you have to set up on the computer first before you can use it in the app, and it asks for your security questions every two seconds. I wouldn’t mind so much except that the security questions that you’re able to choose from our frustrating, and it seems insane to ask for one when I click on make a payment, and then ask again before I can submit the payment, especially because it’s asking for the same question twice. Definitely won’t keep this card for very long
Worlds worst app?
The competition is tough - but I would like to nominate rei visa as a serious competitor for worlds worst app. While
There are less functional apps - rei visa continues to slay on several of the key features I look for in “the worlds worst app” category.
First off - the app must be for a critical or semi critical service - admittedly credit cards are a middle range entry in that category - I could opt out of the us monetary system and use cash.
Second - Surprise is critical. If your gonna compete here you need to keep me guessing. Technical errors, and closing mid payment are par for the course - so I
Really appreciate that the rei visa dev team went the extra mile to make the range of errors and scope of problems vast. You guys always keep me wondering. Hats off.
Third - consistency. And this is the real kicker - not only does being the worlds worst app require the creativity to keep me surprised - it requires you to continue to surprise. Month after month. Rei visa - its been 5+ terrible years. From the start you've disappointed and failed - first as visa now as MC.
Thank you for never loosing sight of your vision.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.