⇒ Featured by Apple on the App Store front page, RelativePitch has helped over 130,000 musicians improve their ears
"Whether you are a seasoned musician or a complete beginner, RelativePitch will have you listening with a sharpened ear and a greater appreciation of the music you love."
-- The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW.com)
"A well thought-out, educational and informative app."
-- iPhone App Directory Vol. 5 (Imagine Publishing)
You're not getting everything you could out of music.
That's unfortunate, because you've always loved music. You have albums you've listened to a hundred times over, and you play or sing a little yourself. You might even have put in hours of practice to become quite good at your chosen instrument.
The trouble is that you're not able to do what you always wanted to do, which is •understand• music as easily as you breathe.
• You want to be able to improvise with other musicians, riffing off one another all night long, coming out with newer and more innovative sounds as every hour goes by.
• When a friend of yours is singing, you want to be able to join in harmony easily and effortlessly, adding another layer into the song without having to figure out each note.
• You've often had songs in your head that you badly want to bring out into the real world, but you can't figure out how to play them on your instrument.
• Other musicians occasionally listen intently and ask if you heard the subtle little change that the artist just made, just then. You nod, but you can't hear it. You don't know what you should be hearing.
Interval training is what opens the door to all of those experiences. And our app, RelativePitch, is the best way to learn interval training, boost your musical talents, and increase your confidence.
How does it work? RelativePitch includes
• Training Mode – 13 lessons guide you from beginner to expert, teaching you all the intervals in the octave.
• Testing Mode – Check your progress by trying to get the highest score in testing mode. If you distinguish intervals correctly, you'll unlock new levels and new challenges in training.
• Custom Mode – If you're having trouble with one specific piece of training, set up a custom training and testing session to target your problem
• Interval training to teach you to distinguish ascending, descending and harmonic intervals across two and a half octaves
• Simple interface, fun to use app, and all the interval training you'll ever need to have an ear that catches the subtle and crucial sounds for a perfect song.
• A wide choice of high quality instruments, including Piano, Guitar, French Horn, Clarinet, Violin, and Male and Female Singing Voices.
Interval training will transform the way you hear, play, and enjoy music – even if you don't know anything about music theory. Our app is easy and enjoyable to use, and our customers have great things to say about it:
“This app is the greatest. After four days of dedicated use I have seen major improvements in my skills as music student.”
“For years, I've wanted to play my sax 'by ear.' Working with RelativePitch is bringing me closer and closer to that goal.”
“You can really learn something with this app. It's like having a music instructor with you, patiently teaching you intervals.”
“Amazing! Best app in the market!”
You're just one step away from getting so much more out of the music you love.
Any questions or need help? Just email support@EasyEarTraining.com.
• Fix for crash bug on iOS 9.1
• Fixed lesson typo about Major/Minor Thirds
Ratings and Reviews
Best ear trainer app
I tried a bunch the last few days. I tried the free version of this one and then bought the full version the next day. I really like the custom feature, so that I can choose to work on a few chosen intervals at a time. Ear training has always been my weakness, but there were no programs like this back in the 80s. I'm going back to music school this fall. With this the help of this program for the rest of the summer, I'm sure that I'll be able to test out and not have to suffer through Ear Training I again.
A good start
This app has some things which I really liked. The progressive difficulty lessons, the practice mode, and the encouraging voice left me with no complaints. However, there are a few features that I would have liked to see for the $8.00 I payed for this app that I did not. I don’t have perfect pitch but do have good short term memory for pitches, so when I do the lesson for long enough I can remember what the notes sound like and then my ears don’t need to recognize the intervals but just what the notes are (I hope that makes sense), so I’d prefer if the app could have the option to randomize the tonic note so that it is not always a middle C. Also, I was expecting to receive training in compound intervals as well (intervals that are greater than an octave) and that was one of the main reasons that I actually downloaded this app. One smaller suggestion is to have a few more instrument options just to keep it more engaging (bonus if you can add an option to randomize the timbre for each interval that is played in a test or practice session). Just to reiterate, this app has a good model and some good starting features but if I had known it’s current limitations I would not have purchased it.
Simple but very effective
This is a very simple app but is very well designed and will really help you develop your musical ear, from scratch.
It helps you learn things one step at a time, but forces you to master each stage in the process before ramping up the difficulty. I found this to be an ideal approach, it seems like the correct structure for ear training.
Dig through the help and settings as there are many useful options in the app (eg mixing different instruments).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.