"Remembary is a great iPad journal app" - AppAdvice.com
*** Featured in "New and Notable" and "What's Hot" in the Canadian and Worldwide App Stores. ***
*** One purchase gives you all application functionality. All features, all themes, all fonts. No time limits, no hidden charges, no in-app purchase, no advertising. ***
*** 8+ years in the App Store and planning to stay for many more ***
Remembary is the personal diary app for iOS that enhances your journal by automatically capturing your social media presence, photos, and calendar events - and organizing it all by day to give you an instant context for each diary entry. If you have geotagged photos or tweets, it even builds you an automatic map for every day.
Remembary also includes dozens of high-resolution themes and scalable fonts to provide a distinct personal diary experience for every kind of user.
- A full-featured personal journal, easy to navigate and intuitive to use.
- Use any font available on your device at any size that's best for you. Special fonts include vintage typewriters, cursive, science fiction - and even Jane Austen's authentic handwriting!
- Choose from 20 high-resolution themes, including "Nocturne", "Lights Out", and "Xeno" designed specifically for writing your diary at night in the dark without dazzling your eyes.
- Remembary automatically fetches your tweets, Facebook statuses, calendar events, and up to 5 RSS feeds, and instantly adds entries to the correct days in your journal. Tap on any item to copy it directly it into your diary entry - a quick way to "write" what happened that day.
- Searches iCloud Photo Library and includes pictures and videos from each day - any pictures or videos from ANY day EVER. You can favourite your pictures from directly in the app.
- Automatically generates a map for your day based on your photos and tweets. You can share your maps on Facebook or Twitter, to share with the world where you've been.
- Your diary is private. All data is stored locally and nothing is shared (unless you want to). You can even lock your diary with a password - and provide a hint in case you forget.
- Supports your device's built-in Twitter, Facebook, Photo, and Calendar accounts on launch - no extra configuration required.
- Bulk download your entire Facebook post history and up to 3500 of your past tweets per Twitter account.
- Every page includes a word count, so you can see how much you're writing.
- Search in real time through all of your journal entries.
- Calendar view shows at a glance which days have entries and which don't.
- Quick jump navigation to any date, 1 year in past or future - or even to a random entry!
- Export your journal by day/month/year/all in plain text or data format, and send it via share sheets to email, DropBox, iCloud, or anywhere else you want. You can import your exported data back again, too.
- Twitter and Facebook feeds now include pictures!
- Uses iOS share sheets for backup file export and import to and from any storage medium, including iCloud Documents and DropBox.
- Three new science-fiction-inspired themes and some futuristic fonts to go with them.
- Updated Twitter and Facebook support, with extra diagnostics for the Facebook connection.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a nice journaling app. I went back in time and added some data to days that I could remember. That was nice because the pictures I took on those dates were there after syncing and so were calendar events and tweets. The calendar was just a little buggy to get started but after I went to the FAQ I got it going exactly as instructed. Thanks for the good info there.
I was really worried that if it were linked to Facebook it might post on my behalf and share my journaling with the world. I did a few test journals and didn't see anything appear there. My own worries let go at that point so I wrote like the longest journal entry ever after that.
I only have one wish about this app. I wash that it recognized handwriting with a stylus. I love to pen my own entries and I just have not found an app that really works with that idea. Sure there are handwriting apps available but they certainly do not offer the coolness that this app has. If I were an app writer, I would make it with that feature and be happy. Just a thought.
Overall. ***** 5 stars. It works great, looks great, and does what it boasts.
Needs support for iCloud storage
Need to be able to store the diary on a central location such as iCloud so that it can be accessed from more than one device, and so that we can be assured that it’s been backed up.
Nice and easy diary
I'm one who likes to journal. I am usually pretty good about writing every day, but even when not, I manage to post to Facebook or Tweet about something, or take a few pictures on my iPad. That's what makes this app great. All of those things pull together so I can journal as I normally do, but on that day's same page, I can look at pictures I took that day or posts I made, or even see the locations my device noted that day. The style options are nice too, from parchment background and flowing fonts, to notebook paper and typewriter fonts, they are nice for a diary and easy to pick and use. I also like that I can password protect the application. Great diary app.
- Shindig Digital Constructions Inc.
- 31.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2018 Shindig Digital Constructions Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.