Control your Mac or Windows computer with multimedia controls, keyboard, mouse, app and system actions & AirPlay controls. Take full control of your computer from anywhere in your home or office.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your home media center computer? Use Remote Control on your iPhone or iPad as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac/Windows;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac/Windows trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- Control popular multimedia apps and websites like iTunes, Netflix, YouTube and etc;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- CULT OF MAC: "Remote for Mac adds the convenience that we expect from our devices in the 21st century."
- TECHRADAR: "If you’ve a headless Mac you need to command – or just one elsewhere in your home you can’t be bothered actually walking over to – this app is first-rate stuff"
- IMORE: "Remote Control for Mac covers a lot of bases. If you've got a Mac somewhere in your house that you use for media management, Remote Control for Mac is a must-have"
- IGEEKSBLOG: "Wow!! the app does indeed think about user’s every need."
- Mac with macOS 10.10/PC with Windows 7.0 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 11 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
I'm spending more time at home even though the weather gets nicer,
and I'm using the app more and more to watch movies and tv shows,
on my Mac connected to my HDTV, cause what else you suppose to do now, right?
And the more I used the app, the more I wanted it to be better, and so I made some changes that you might like too:
* Great keypad editor, with all the app actions, and color customizations for keys
* Sync keypads, app favorites, and website links between devices using iCloud
* KeyPad store so I can easily add new keypads for more apps
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A True Benchmark For Thoughtful Utility
This app (and its companions) are truly an exercise in thoughtful ingenuity. Basically if you want something, anything really, done on your Mac, this remote app allows you to either do it from a premade function within the app or spend a few minutes “building” the feature you want to use to manipulate your Mac with scripts and Siri commands (and I’m sure much more). I do wish the app developers website was more detailed in how to use the many, many, many features. I’ve mostly caught on but I can tell there’s this entire feature set waiting in there to be utilized but I’m just not savvy or knowledgeable enough to know and the directions are scant or relegated to more basic functions. However, having more options than you know how to use isn’t exactly my idea of a huge problem. The apps are constantly being updated and always becoming more useful and streamlined. It’s obvious with every update someone who cares about these products is on the other end dreaming up ways to polish the feature set. Thanks, friend!
Time = Money
The track pad I was considering buying, no longer on the table. This allows me to only need my phone for my mac and other needs. As my TV remote is used for power, volume, and changing sources. I can use less and do more, gives me the freedom to be in another room on the same wifi and play music across my home from my mac. Launching apps like Netflix, or VPNs are a breeze, I can leave my mac closed and do everything as I have been before, but from the comfort of my couch, bed, or balcony. I haven’t found any problems with it besides the keyboard disabling and stopping me from typing, but that doesn’t last more than a couple seconds and I’m right back. Minor inconvenience, but no reason to drop a star. Highly grateful for this app and well worth the money. I’d rather spend a few bucks on an app than spend X amount on a trackpad that I can lose and that adds to clutter.
Perfect for Musicians
I record in a home studio for various types of commission work but I almost always record everything myself. This is an amazing tool that will allow you to adjust anything in your DAW when recording. I mix right in front of my computer and record, on the opposite side of the room, with a mic and headphones. It's a really big pain, while tracking, to play/sing hear and check the reverb or compressor - get up - adjust - check again - adjust - check one last time... This is no bueno.
Now that I have this seamless easy to use app I tilt my computer monitor so I can see it from across the room and I use my iPhone to switch between this app and the Logic Remote app. It allows me to make adjustments without ever getting up from in front of my carefully positioned microphone. It allows for a more seamless workflow and it allows me to get more done faster.
I didn't even take the time to understand how it works I just opened it, tapped on my computer and kept working.
This developer knows what he's doing. Great job man. If you've read this far, just get it. You would probably be wasting you time if you didn't get it at this point. Trust me it's not worth tripping over that very expensive mic that your home studio cannot afford to replace.
This app + Logic Remote app = the best productivity tool for the solo home studio musician.
Developer Response ,
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 35.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Evgeny Cherpak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.