Remote Control for Kodi turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a remote control for Kodi, connecting through WiFi with Kodi running on any supported device like a Media PC, Windows PC, Mac or an AppleTV. Beautiful retina graphics support, designed for modern iOS releases, works with XBMC 12.x (Frodo) up to the latest Kodi 18.x (Leia).
With Remote Control for Kodi you can browse your video library on your iPhone or iPad; just flick through all of your movie thumbnails with your fingers, dive into a TV show and view its episodes by season, or start playing a movie or a TV show episode directly from the app.
Use Kodi as your music jukebox and browse your music library directly on your device, and start playing you favourite album, song or artist with just a tap of your finger.
All information about your music and video libraries is cached locally on your device, and can be browsed off-line.
A full range of remote control features such as navigation, player control, and more is included. For text input the on-screen keyboard can be used, as if the keyboard was directly connected to the machine running Kodi.
Designed for all sizes of iPhone and iPad devices, usability and robustness are key features. The app's user interface is designed to be clean and intuitive, building on interfaces and elements that are well known to iOS and Kodi users. Optimized for all iPhone and iPad models that support iOS 11, optimized for landscape and portrait mode on iPad, and tested with large music and video libraries for optimal performance.
Download Kodi at http://www.kodi.tv.
Follow @codemuse for updates on Remote Control for Kodi.
- Navigate Kodi using the conveniently placed navigation controls.
- Adapt volume via a slider, or precise increments and decrements using +/- buttons, a part of the interface that is always visible and within reach.
- Skip to next or previous item, fast-forward or rewind, stop and play/pause currently playing media, see progress or seek the currently playing media, through a part of the interface that is also always visible.
- Use on screen keyboard to enter text in input fields and Kodi's virtual keyboard.
- See currently playing media, including thumbnail.
- View status of connection with Kodi through indicator light.
- Browse your music library on your device. Browse artists, and dive into the albums-by-artist browser, including album art thumbnails.
- Start playing an album with a specific song, shuffle an album, and play or shuffle all songs by a single artist.
- Support for multiple disc albums.
- Browse your TV shows on your device, including a sophisticated episodes-by-season view, including season art thumbnails.
- Start playing a TV show episode directly from the TV show browser.
- Mark TV shows, seasons or episodes as watched or unwatched in the TV show browser.
- Browse your movies on your device, including a section index for large libraries.
- Start playing a movie directly from the movie browser.
- Mark movies as watched or unwatched in the movie browser.
- Instruct Kodi to update or clean the video or audio library.
- Configure host and port settings, either via in-application settings or using the iOS settings app.
- Quit Kodi, suspend, reboot or shutdown the system running Kodi.
- Use pull-to-refresh to refresh local library data.
- Library updates are downloaded in the background and cached locally, allowing off-line library browsing.
- iOS >= 11
- XBMC 12.x (Frodo) or 13.x (Gotham), or any version of Kodi 14.x (Helix) to Kodi 18.x (Leia)
- WiFi access to the machine running Kodi
- Control through HTTP enabled in Kodi
- Support new screen sizes for iPhone X, XS, XR and XS Max.
- Support new screen sizes for 9.7, 10.5, 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- Add support for Kodi 18.x (Leia).
- Fixes and support for iOS 12.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Slick, fast, and clean. Had it up and running in less than a minute after downloading. Really like the interface, it's very intuitive - my two young children were able to instantly use it and didn't ask a single question, and it looks great on the Retina display. Was really surprised at how quick the interface was browsing movies. Nice job Gertjan!
This is by far the most reliable XBMC remote I have tried. The UI is clean and easy to use. I use it on my phone and iPad to control XBMC running on my Raspberry Pi.
It would be nice to have the resume option when selecting a tv show or movie from within the app.
Great concept but weekly done
It could be the best xbmc remote. Layout is the cleanest I've seen. Very easy to operate. Nice concept. So ... It could be but;
- TV shows thumbnails don't load. You need to scroll max out to get them.
- Some movies and TV shows from libraries disappear straight after they appear on the screen.
- It operates only on libraries. No way to switch to sources view.
- If movies library slightly bigger then on choosing movies it crash the app.
- Remote can not be edited. There is huge space on the screen available but only few buttons.
It's a pity because app seems to be well design and with great oportunities.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.