Control your computer, from the couch or the bed, using a mobile device that you already own. Save money on the dedicated remote control that costs more but offers less.
Turn your iPhone/iPad into a full-featured remote control, with keyboard and mouse, that works from anywhere at your home or office, even without a direct line of sight.
It doesn't matter if your desktop or laptop computer is hooked to a big-screen TV or projector, or even if it's in another room - you can have full control of it, after super easy setup, using a friendly interface, in seconds.
The widget offers quick access to media controls for popular apps and websites. And the watch app enables you to control your Mac from your wrist, so you don't even have to reach for your phone. But that's not all - you can integrate your computer into your smart home using Siri Shortcuts, and control your Mac using your voice.
- Volume & media playback control keypads
- Keyboard & mouse
- System actions [PREMIUM]
- Launch & quit apps [PREMIUM]
- Live view of your computer display [PREMIUM]
- Open websites in your default/specific browser [PREMIUM]
- Control AirPlay (Mac only) [PREMIUM]
- Control microphone volume (Mac only) [PREMIUM]
- Schedule system, custom and app actions [PREMIUM]
- Siri shortcuts for system, custom, and app actions [PREMIUM]
- Store with control keypads for popular media player apps and streaming websites [PREMIUM]
- Create custom control keypads for apps & websites [PREMIUM]
- Add custom actions using the system scripting language (AppleScript/PowerShell) [PREMIUM]
- History of connected devices
- Wake On LAN
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or newer
- PC with Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Free helper app, available at https://cherpake.com/get
- Shared network connection, WiFi or Personal Hotspot, see https://cherpake.com/connect
- Over 1,300,000 downloads
- More than 20,000 positive ratings
- Around 7,000 support tickets
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- CULT OF MAC: "Remote for Mac adds the convenience that we expect from our devices in the 21st century."
- TECHRADAR: "If you’ve a headless Mac you need to command – or just one elsewhere in your home you can’t be bothered actually walking over to – this app is first-rate stuff"
- IMORE: "Remote Control for Mac covers a lot of bases. If you've got a Mac somewhere in your house that you use for media management, Remote Control for Mac is a must-have"
- IGEEKSBLOG: "Wow!! the app does indeed think about user’s every need."
PREMIUM FEATURES SUBSCRIPTION
• Subscription is for 1 year, with 7 days of free trial
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
* [FIX] Live view following cursor on Windows computers
* [FIX] More space between aux buttons in INPUT tab
* [FIX] Improve how watch complications look and work
* [NEW] Choose font size for keypads
* [FIX] Close All Apps Siri shortcut
* [FIX] DEL button for Windows computers above the keyboard
* [FIX] Scrolling direction on Windows computers (invert by turning natural direction OFF in input settings)
* [FIX] Font size for keypads on iPad
* [FIX] Picking accent, background and key colors
* [FIX] Minor UI issues
* [NEW] Load custom icons for keypad/keys from iCloud drive
* [NEW] Setting to turn off swipe to switch keypads
* [FIX] Show clear icon for keys in keypad editor
* [NEW] Support for iOS 14 new features
* [FIX] Sharing keypads with default icons
* [FIX] Switch between apps when adding key actions using app menu items
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good - quick response
I have to admit, I’m on a tight budget having to cut costs so I really can’t fork out the $10 right now, but I gotta say, even the free version is very useful. My son is learning how to stream and our computers are next to each other. Sometimes, I’m in another part of the house and he texts me that I left the volume on my Mac turned on which chimes when I get notifications which bother him on his streaming. Now, I don’t have to walk all the way over there and I can simply launch the app and hit mute. Works well and does have some other cool features in the free version. When I’m off of financial lockdown, I’ll get the full app. The developer is very quick to respond which is always important. I was using Remote Pac - another fantastic app - and asked about the mute capability and he quickly responded with this app. I really do like the ability of the other app. I just wish it could mute the sound from that app, but all is good. This works great and I’m happy. Thank you!!!
By the way, it’s always good to read everything when getting an app. Some devs are upfront about extra costs and some try to get sneaky about it. When they put it all in the descriptions, there’s no arguing with it. Hope all goes well, Thank you and Take Care.
For the full version
It’s AWESOME, and will save me some time. It’s a little fiddly to set up though: If your computer says it’s a trojan or something like that, here’s how I solved that: I downloaded the helper program using an app called Documents (By Readdle; free on the App Store), and then uploaded it to my Dropbox account; I downloaded the installer on my PC, restarted the PC, and ran the program; my anti malware program said that the website was iffy, but I put an exclusion for that site on my anti malware program (you’ll have to find out how to do it yourself), and then everything worked fine. I usually only give a four star review tops, because every app/program could be improved (there’s no such thing as perfection), but I gave this app an extra star due to the excellent customer support; I sent a support message, and within half an hour got a response. Now, about the app... There are a ton of presets for different programs that you can control, and you can create your own if you need to. I’d give this a hearty thumbs up, if my thumbs weren’t busy right now typing this review. Thank you Dev, for creating this helpful app, and I wish you luck in your ongoing pursuits.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words.
by far the best remote app
This is by far the best remote app for my Mac I have ever used. It works extremely well and the developer is very active with updates and bug fixes (it’s rare there is a bug but when one does pop up it is fixed very quickly). The app is all around great, I mainly use it as an iTunes remote for when I’m using my Mac to watch movies on my tv but I’ve found it’s great for long downloads or installing new software because I can mirror my macs screen and control everything without having to get up. Definitely worth every penny.
I paid full price and this is my honest unbiased opinion.
After countless apps and time. Finally found an app that can wake my Mac from sleep plus a lot of either great features as a bonus. Please don’t do anything to change the way this app works in an update. It works great like it is and is literally the only app that works. I won’t be able to find another if it gets broken in an update.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 51 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Evgeny Cherpak
- In-App Purchases
- Get Premium Features - 1Y $4.99
- Get Premium Features $6.99
- Get Premium Features - 1M $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.