Control all your HEOS by Denon wireless speakers from your Mac with easy to use native application.
Application automatically discovers all HEOS speakers in local network without any additional configuration.
• Stream music from local iTunes Library directly to HEOS devices*
• Control playback, volume, mute, bass, treble, shuffle and repeat
• Stream music from online services available for HEOS in your region
• Convenient search feature for supported streaming services
• Group speakers to achieve perfectly synchronized multiroom music experience
• View songs in a Play Queue and play songs directly from queue
• Login to HEOS account to access your HEOS Favorites saved on your phone
Application requires enabled incoming connections on firewall to find speakers.
Application requires a standard network configuration without active VPN connections to work correctly.
* Media files must be downloaded and DRM-free. Streaming music from Apple Music® is not supported because of DRM protection and service's term of use.
Icons provided by Icons8: https://icons8.com
HEOS is a trademark of D+M Group.
• Improved streaming of multimedia files from Mac
Ratings and Reviews
Sticking to HEOS Mobile for now...
Definitely not a $7 app, but a good start. Things I would like to see in future releases:
1. Ability to play the music on the actual device I'm streaming from, as well as the HEOS speakers I'm sending the signal to.
2. Ability to view/adjust audio quality for apps like Deezer (which DO expose this through thier API).
Without either of these features, I will likely stick to using the HEOS Mobile app, which has a lot more functionality.
Developer Response ,
Using Mac's speakers as a part of system is not possible due to a HEOS system design and is not listed anywhere as a feature of the Remote for HEOS application.
This is a good app. I am not sure why but it seems that the app stays active all the time and hence lan up/down activities = 315KB/780kB about every 1 minute interval. Is this really necessary coz if the room or the device is not active then it should not be ping that often. A song is typically ~3 minutes long. Furthermore, since HEOS will enter sleep mode if there is no LAN activity so pinging it will not let it go into the sleep mode, NO?
If you can please give this app a active/sleep switch mode so it can stay on the bar and does nothing in sleep mode. I am not listening to music while i am sleeping so it should not be pinging thing if nothing is playing…LOL. If you can give the app a bit of AI by remembering the group/device that is active and then goes into idle mode if no group/device is active would be the best solution. Or the quick way is to give the app The active/sleep mode. The active mode is what it is now and the sleep mode is just sitting on the bar and doing nothing. Quit the app to stop the LAN activity is just too yester-year…NO?
Oh, I am using wd mycloud to put my music on a local lan. The app still can only see 100 songs. I know this because due to HEOS playlist limitation, I have folders containing 300 songs each folder and the folder name is the playlist.
So Freaking Happy
I am so glad this happened. You are my hero. Only thing I would suggest is that for me I have 11 Zones/Speakers in my house... so I have this whole "scroll for days" issue when adjusting my speakers. I would like to see an interface that supported this better, but as for functionality THANK YOU SO MUCH. (Side Note: if there was a way to loop the audio playback to my computer speakers that would be cool too. Probably a DRM issue, but Just a thought)
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.