The easiest Roku app available. No setup required.
RoByte is a simple and easy to use Roku remote control that works with your Roku Player or Roku TV.
• No setup is required. RoByte automatically scans your network to find your Roku.
• Easily change channels with one tap
• Adjust volume of your Roku or Roku TV
• Use your keyboard for quick text entry for channels like Netflix or Hulu
• RoByte is designed for iPhone as well as iPad
• Easily navigate without looking at your phone using the touchpad
• RoByte pairs with multiple Roku players.
RoByte Free features:
• Roku remote control
• Play/pause, fast forward, rewind
• Pair with multiple Roku devices
RoByte Premium features:
• Channel Switcher
• Volume Control
• Keyboard & Voice Search
• Most problems connecting to your Roku can be resolved by simply reinstalling RoByte.
• RoByte can only connect if you are on the same wifi network as your Roku device.
In order for RoByte to talk to your Roku, the following must be true:
1. Your Roku must be connected to your home's wifi network.
2. Your iPhone or iPad's wifi must be turned on and connected to the same network as the Roku.
In most cases, RoByte will automatically scan and find your Roku device but there is a small case where if you have a more complicated setup, you may need to manually enter your Roku's IP address to connect.
If you're still unable to connect to your Roku, theres a good chance there's an issue somewhere within your network. Most common cases are Roku devices getting disconnected from your home wifi if it gets unplugged. You can also try reinstalling RoByte to do a fresh scan.
• New Devices page design
• Device names are improved
• Scanning for devices is improved
• New haptic feedback on key presses
• General UI improvements
• Reduced the download size of the app
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worked with my tv and is great if you don’t have a remote or lost it 😶but anyways I would recommend it to everyone. O and a little tip if it doesn’t work its either you the tv or you don’t even have a Roku device at all. Sooooooo don’t get mad at the app 👍
And just one last thing if you lost your remote like me. Haha never mind that I ment to say if you lose your Roku remote *not like me because I never lost it😉* then this app will do. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT LOSE YOUR PHONE I mean I totally didn’t but just saying. 👍👍👍
Well keep safe and stay healthy see ya.
I was convinced to purchase pro because I thought it would be an awesome upgrade. What I didn’t know is that the volume wouldn’t work even though my roku supports it. Also, if my family uses it, they have to purchase the upgrades themselves, which I can almost understand but it was not clear before the purchase. Further,if I want it on my iPad, I have to purchase the upgrades again, this I can not understand since it is my own device and I have already paid for the upgrades. By far the most disappointing aspect is the difficulty in finding away to contact support. Perhaps some of my issues are fixable however the only way I could find to contact support was through a review. No contact info on the App Store and if you click on app support you get a website with only basic information and still no way to contact the developer. Hopefully we can all get some support and information moving forward.
This app is great! I always lose my remote so when I do I don't have to worry about it. I can just sit in bed in the mornings and watch my morning shows all while using my phone while the remote is god knows where. Very useful. Even my family loves it! We are TV people so ALWAYS lose one of our remotes. The only thing that can be worked on is being able to customize the names of the TV's so you know if your connected to the right TV. Also, I think this might be a bug in the coding but sometimes my power button won't. So to those reading this, I recommend this app! But beware you might have a bug like me 😂. God bless those who read this.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tinybyte Apps LLC
- 12.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 TinyByte Apps
- In-App Purchases
- RoByte Premium $3.99
- premium feature: Volume+Swipe $1.99
- RoByte Pro $3.99
- premium feature: Keyboard $0.99
- premium feature: Channels $1.99
- RoByte Pro $23.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.